A Deputy charge Nurse / Deputy Sister position has arisen on Day Surgery - Elective Surgery at Wycombe General Hospital. We are a hard-working and friendly team who are always looking to welcome new team members to assist us in continually striving to make the ward a safe and compassionate place to work. We aim to consistently provide a high level of patient care, whilst adapting to new ideas and policies in order to ensure a great patient and staff experience and strive to ensure Elective Surgery is a success at all times.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- Act as a credible visible role model for all junior nursing and alliedhealthcare professional staff.
- To actively participate with the discussions with the MDT, raising anddiscussing concerns and actively seeking acceptable and best outcomes solutions for the patients. Ensuring that patients and relatives views are heard and considered.
- To support the department team in resolving clinical and operational issues on a shift by shift basis whilst ensuring that best practise nursing care is delivered.
- To work in collaboration with the manager to establish a cleanliness culture across the department ensuring that patient environment is well maintained, clean and safe.
- The post holder will need to maintain and supervise junior members of staff in ensuring that nursing care delivered to all patients is established on an individual assessment, it is with planned evidence based care, it is documented that it is implemented and it is evaluated as to its effectiveness.
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential Desirable
- Band 6 experience previously
- Coaching/ Mentorship
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Elective surgery covering colorectal, Urology, Breast,
- management/ Leadership course
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Queen Alexandra Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.