Are you interested in working and gaining more experience in Urgent care services in Brighton and Hove?
We currently have a range of opportunities available to work either ad-hoc bank shifts or potentially for a longer period of time.
You will be offered a personalised induction and training as well as both 1:1 and opportunities to join reflective practice groups.Main duties of the job
Our Urgent Care teams include: Crisis Resolution and home treatment team (CRHTT)
offers support people at home who are experiencing mental health crisis and is an alternative to hospital. Service covers 7 days a week, early and late. (B6) The Haven
is a dedicated 24/7 mental health crisis assessment unit next to Millview hospital in Hove. The service offers an extended crisis assessment, away from the Emergency department and work closely with other emergency services in Sussex, accepting referrals from the Police and SECAMB. Service covers 24/7 (B6 ) The Mental health liaison team
are based in the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton. They offer assessment to individuals presenting in mental health crisis to the Emergency department or those admitted to RSCH. Service covers 24/7 (B6) Blue light triage
service are practitioners who work alongside police to offer assessment to those in Mental health crisis who come into contact with services through 999. Police vetting will be required for this role. Shift are 2pm-midnight Mon-Thursday and Friday 4pm - 2am. (B7)About us
We'd love you to join our organisation that is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the Care Quality Commission. Our staff agree, with 82% of people in our recent staff survey telling us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Other key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
See the attached 'Partnership Perks' document for details about our benefits package.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see 3 attached JD dependant on area.
In order to be a successful Mental Health Practitioner in our team you will be:
- Registered with the NMC or HCPC via a core professional qualification Applications are welcomed from Qualified RMN's, OT's & Social Workers with mental health experience.
- Experienced in risk management
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and varied role
- Experienced working within a mental health setting
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Please apply using the link in this advert, or for more information explore the attachments or contact:
Maisie MartinMaisie.email@example.com can put you in touch with the most appropriate person to answer your queries or area of work.
(We are happy to arrange informal visits currently Covid dependant)Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration [mental health/LD/Adult], appropriate to the job role
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working alongside people with complex health problems in the designated care group
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of providing a range of clinical interventions to people in the designated care group with a variety of health problems
- Experience of working consultatively with professionals
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Previous experience of working in the community
- Understanding of clinical governance
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brighton and Hove
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.