Are you passionate about learning disabilities nursing?
Calling out to NMC Band 5 registered learning disability or mental health nurses
to join our experienced and supportive team within the In Patient Services.
We have Band 5 vacancies at the six bedded unit (located in Kings Norton) that provides short breaks for adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs.
The unit offers a high standard of nursing care, assessment, monitoring and review. Our services provide care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights.
We want to hear from enthusiastic, motivated, pro-active and caring professionals who feel as strongly as we do about our trust values accessible, quality, responsive, caring, ethical and commitment.
The successful post holder will assist with the day to day running of the clinical area and will offer support, advice and supervision to junior staff, with support from senior clinicians and MDT members.
We offer flexible working and encourage newly qualified staff to apply.
There is scope for training and development opportunities.
If you are interested and would like a visit to the unit, call Helena Ordish on 0121 466 3780Main duties of the job
To provide quality nursing care and be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care needs to people with learning disabilities accessing short breaks.
To follow person centred approaches, within a Multi-Disciplinary Framework.About usBe Part of Our Team...
BCHC has more than 5000 staff working across Birmingham and the West Midlands in a wide range of community nursing and specialist healthcare roles. BCHC delivers over 100 clinical services, in people's homes, health centres, clinics and inpatient facilities. We deliver a wide range of services for children, young people and families as well as adults and community services, two community hospitals, services for people with learning disabilities, the internationally recognised West Midlands Rehab Centre and one of Europe's leading Dental Hospitals and School of Dentistry. We deliver all of this with a commitment to integrated, personalised care that is rooted in our local communities. We have an ambition to deliver outstanding, integrated care as one of the key NHS providers in the West Midlands.
If you want to 'Be Part of Our Team' and work with a Foundation Trust which is continuously striving for best care and healthy communities, we want to hear from you.
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to providing a safe working environment for all staff. IMPORTANT
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Please ensure you check your Trac account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including business email address, telephone contact details and postal address
To support the Unit Manager in setting and maintaining high standards of care within the resources available and assist the Unit Manager in participating in the review and monitoring of these on a continuous basis through the processes and mechanisms of Clinical Governance.Person SpecificationQualifications / trainingEssential
- Register Nurse Learning Disabilities or Mental Health
- Evidence of professional development.
- Teaching & assessing Psychosocial qualification
- Evidence of post registration education Membership of Clinical Practice/Standards Group
- Relevant experience of working with people with Learning disabilities / mental health difficulties
- Working in a Multidisciplinary Team
- working with a multi-ethnicity client group
- Knowledge of treatment and support options for this client group
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post registration experience
- Able to demonstrate management skills
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
9 Kingswood Drive
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.