Hybrid, flexible working & compressed hours.
Would you like to join an ambitious procurement collaborative organisation to support with the development and implementation of ambitious strategies in the Digital Health Care category team?
The role will require an ability to work alongside both senior external clinical and operational teams as well as senior level stakeholders on a regional and national basis to drive innovation and collaboration in the Digital space.
Along with significant senior procurement experience that includes Digital Health Care / Technology, you will be able to demonstrate experience in stakeholder management and category management. Significant supplier engagement and contract negotiation experience along with a record of achieving substantial transformation and value for money will also be key to success.Main duties of the job
To develop and lead a specific strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, across a number of NHS Trusts, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key
To support the Category Director and team in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across a large number of Member Trusts, by analysing current spend information to develop procurement
To ensure contract compliance across the LPP, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key Whilst meeting customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
Working with the Category Director and team in developing networks by providing input into appropriate LPP projects. Liaising with colleagues at all levels to ensure compliance in the use of agreed standardised and compliant products and servicesAbout us
Please note that as an organisation NHS LPP has been hosted by Guy's & St Thomas' (GSTT) NHS Foundation Trust since 2012 and provides the legal framework and supporting services under which NHS LPP operates. However, NHS LPP is a membership organisation funded and governed by its members and not GSTT. NHS LPP staff are employed by GSTT.
NHS LPP develops and manages collaborative procurement projects on behalf of its members including acute, community and mental health trusts, as well as CCGs. NHS LPP has a number of members outside of London. This role requires the postholder to manage collaborative procurement within the normal NHS membership but also working with other public sector bodies, advising and managing their procurement processes to deliver benefit to the wider public sector. The organisation will continue to develop as a centre of commercial excellence that delivers significant and sustainable cost and service improvements to all stakeholders primarily in the London NHS economy but also outside LondonJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Ensure the implementation of the strategic plan and that performance management systems are operating effectively to meet governance and achieve goals. Ensure that local, regional and national procurement plans are integrated within the category.To provide specialist advice on local and regional procurement.To consistently meet best value for money by the effective sourcing of goods.
- To maximise contract compliance across all LPP stakeholders of all the national, collaborative and local contracts.
- To ensure all procurement activities operate in full accordance with legal (EU legislation), environment and sustainability
- To be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing procurement strategies for allocated categories, through detailed demand/ market analysis, to ensure continual improvement and innovation in service
- Awareness and implementation of national procurement initiatives undertaken by NHS Supply Chain/ SCCL, NHSI, cross Government Agencies and Crown Commercial Service. Identification and management of risk throughout the procurement process.
- Registered full Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- Educated to degree level and above or equivalent in-depth experience
- Masters level qualified or equivalent in-depth experience
- Project Management (Prince 2 Practitioner)
- People Management - the ability to manage, influence and lead people who may or may not be direct reports.
- Time Management - the ability to manage and priorities project activities and the workload of the Business Unit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of NHS wider public procurement and commercial world
- Senior specialist A/I commercial / industry experience in procurement and supply in a senior management role
- Significant senior procurement experience
- Significant experience & understanding and application of strategic I sourcing methodologies
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
45 Curlew Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.