The post holder will participate in the rapid clinical assessment of medical and surgical acute patients. The post holder will help to plan, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate care and assist in the coordination of the patient's journey in order to minimize waits and delays.Main duties of the job
To develop and maintain the skills required to assist with:
1 Assessment of care needs.
2 Planning, implementing and evaluating practice as required, for both patients and families respecting autonomy whilst doing so.
3 Supporting the management of the clinical assessment team.
4 Supervision of junior staff.
5 Teaching and mentorship of students and junior staff.
The post holder will be line managed by the ward manger and their work will be reviewed by the ward manager.
On a day to basis the post holder will work without direct supervision and is accountable for the care to the patients. They work within the NMC guidelines and code of conduct.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide outstanding care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
1. Supports individualised programmes of care.
2. Monitors and reviews current practices of nursing care to ensure best practices within the essence of care framework.
3. Support the implementation the Chief Nursing Officers 10 key roles for nursing, including identifying the training needs for extended roles such as IV cannulation and venepuncture
4. Maintains an awareness of professional developments in nursing to facilitate the maintenance of appropriate standards of care.
5. Seeks out opportunities to develop clinically and acts as a good role model to junior staff.
6. Administer medication as prescribed following code of professional conduct and Trust policy.
7. Assess and provide pressure area care utilizing assessment tools and appropriate use of equipment.
8. Knowledge of IT as required for use of data requesting and reporting. Assist in undertaking surveys/audit as necessary.
9. Deals sensitively with the emotional consequences of illness and the needs of relatives, carers and staff.
10. Professionally accountable for prevention and control of infection in line with Trust policies and procedures.
Please see the attached Job Description for more information.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Evidence of on going professional development
- NMC registration/Diploma/Degree in Nursing or related field. ENB 998 Or equivalent
- Relevant post-registration clinical experience
- 6 months post graduate clinical experience relevant areas
- Experience of working in clinical assessment team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching and Assessing skills/ Mentorship
- Cannulation and venepuncture
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lancaster park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.