The purpose of this role is to help the organisation communicate important information to the public, our staff, and the trusts stakeholders. This is to be achieved by using the full spectrum of communications tools including: public consultation, media, social media, digital communications, events, marketing, and ongoing engagement.Main duties of the job
As a key member of the Trust's strategic communications team the post holder will be responsible for maintaining and improving communication channels with Trust staff, patients, the wider public and stakeholders with a particular focus on Trust strategies and the modernising our hospitals and health services programme (MoHHS).About us
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.
As a key member of the team, you'll also engage with patients, members of the public and key stakeholders to build the trust's reputation and shout about the brilliant things that are happening at HHFT through press releases, social media and events - to name a few.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about this role please see the Job Description document attached.If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please be advised this vacancy is being advertised for 3 weeks but may close early.Person SpecificationTraining and qualificationsEssential
Experience and knowledgeEssential
- Degree educated or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, employment or voluntary work.
- Significant experience of working directly with the media, politicians and other key stakeholders in a dedicated communications role.
- Experience of preparing and implementing effective communications and engagement plans for a range of projects/campaigns with tangible examples of successful delivery.
Skills and abilityEssential
- Experience of delivering written and verbal briefings for senior staff to support the effective management of internal and external communications on complex or contentious issues.
- Excellent written communication skills with significant experience of drafting copy for a range of publications from corporate documents to public information leaflets, newsletters and websites. Including excellent proof reading.
Skills and abilityEssential
- The ability to analyse information in relation to media and social media coverage of health and social care activity and use this to inform decision making and planning.
- Significant project management experience and time management skills. Ability to engage with community and key stakeholders.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive, or contentious information, and handle appropriately.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.