An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Principal Capital Projects Manager to join the dynamic Capital Estates Team at Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for a self-motivated Principal Estates Capital Project Manager with experience within the NHS and or Healthcare sector to be part of our Capital Projects team. Having at least significant experience in a similar environment and role with a strong track record with the delivery of infrastructure and construction projects, you will be a highly motivated, experienced team player with excellent financial and communication skills.
The post-holder will be required to lead a team of project managers to successfully develop and manage the Capital Programme for Estates and Facilities. This includes being a key advisor to the Head of Capital Programme and senior staff in the Trust on projects of strategic and operational significance.Main duties of the job
The post holder is the lead specialist responsible for long term planning, preparing and managing the Estates capital projects under the Capital Project Programme at various stages from writing, briefing to completion of the Business Case process. To ensure that they are completed in an efficient and effective manner, within programme timeframes and to provide the highest possible standards of Business Case delivery within the resources allocated, ensuring statutory compliance.
To support and advise the Head of Capital Programme and other senior managers, in the physical delivery of the E& F Capital Programme in line with agreed project and Trust governing service objectives, so as to achieve long term benefits to patients, staff and clinical service delivery.
A construction professional (RIBA, RICS ICE or similar) with considerable post qualification and PM experience demonstrate a thorough understanding of development and project delivery in the acute healthcare sector or similar service environment.About us
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals,Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people.Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
FOR FULL RESPONSIBILITIES PLEASE REFER TO JOB DESCRIPTION Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- To work as a specialist professional as part of the Estates Department.
- Deputising for the Head of Capital Programme as required.
- Be involved in the day-to-day activities of the E& F Capital Programme as a whole and must be proactive and visible in driving the programme forwards.
- To provide expert specialist and professional construction and estates projects advice to other Estates staff, Directors, Senior Management, Trust Boards and external agencies.
- Be able to communicate the 5-Year Capital Programme and vision effectively. This will involve highly complex situations where there will be significant barriers to understanding.
- Owning and communicating the vision for the 5-Year Capital Programme and being its champion, providing clear leadership and direction through the life of the programme.
- Providing overall direction and leadership for the delivery and implementation of the Capital Programme with personal accountability for its outcome, including taking a lead role where required in property/land disposals, acquisitions and negotiations with both third parties and external investors.
- Accountable for the Capital Programmes governance arrangements by ensuring the programme, including its investment, is established and managed according to appropriate requirements and quality.
- Masters level Degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Degree/Diploma in line with key competencies in construction and contract management or relevant experience with equivalent qualification.
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Extensive Demonstrable pre-qualification practical experience in project management in a relevant and appropriate Health Service environment
- Extensive Demonstrable pre-qualification experience in the Commissioning of new Health Service facilities in an NHS environment including design, specification, Project management and Contract Administration.
- Ability to effectively engage with, and influence people at all levels within and out with the organisation, e.g. service managers and multidisciplinary teams of construction professionals.
- Advanced skills in develop accurate reporting mechanisms as required understanding of a range of information in order to identify trends and resolve issues
- Use/awareness of AutoCad or Technical Drawing ability
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective communicator for highly complex, sensitive information with good written and verbal communication skills at all levels, and good negotiation skills
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, 369 Fulham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.