Do you want to make a difference and become part of our compassionate, dedicated & patient centred team? We have a rewarding opportunity for a Matron to substantively join our Medicine & Emergency Care division playing a key role in maintaining the quality care we deliver to our patients.
This post is within the medical clinical delivery group & provides leadership for Nephrology, Cardiology, Stroke Care and Gastroenterology.
We are looking for an experienced nurse who has a proven track record of leading a team, being responsive to the needs of patients and who is passionate about the Health and well-being of our staff. You will lead by example, motivate and empower your team to deliver great care to our patients, families and staff, ensuring they have a positive experience.
In return we will be committed to supporting you to develop and enhance your leadership skills, to feel confident in your role, ensuring the delivery of the ESNEFT ambitions and you will lead the delivery of the quality priorities within the Division. You will have the opportunity in representing the Division in Trust wide forums and be involved in projects, service development and redesign of services.
For further information, please contact the Interim Associate Director of Nursing Tasha Machell on 07912 488168 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
- Be responsible for the continuous improvement of clinical productivity, patient safety and experience for all patients and carers
- Be accountable for the delivery and monitoring of robust infection control measures through relentless vigilance by ensuring delivery of all aspects of the Infection Control Strategy
- Manage the nursing and clinical service, ensuring the delivery of high quality and timely care
- Line manage the senior nursing staff & support them to develop and lead their own teams, having oversight of the resource management including budget responsibility.
- Part of the leadership team within Medicine, this role will be patient facing and fundamental in developing the focus of the patient safety, enhancing patient pathways, patient experience and the quality agenda.
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health & Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters Degree in relation to health management Or equivalent experience
- Professional nursing qualification
- Evidence of academic pathway equivalent to Degree in Nursing or Health Related study
- Management Leadership Qualification, which has been tested in a management post
- Proven experience at senior nurse level with recent experience as Band 7
- Experience of effective budgetary management
- Significant experience of effective staff management
- Experience of ability to manage and lead nursing team
- Experience of service redesign and development
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of effective working relationships both inside and outside the organisation
- Experience of leading strategic/cross Trust changes
- Experience in preparing business cases
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Heightened awareness of national nursing and midwifery initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to liaise & negotiate
- The ability to work co-operatively with senior staff within the Trust & to develop effective working relationships across the Divisions
- Strong quality focus with an innovative approach & the ability to solve complex problems
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.