**New Hire Bonus**�3000 The permanent posts are eligible for a �3000 New Hire Bonus. An initial payment of �1000 will be paid in the first 1 month and a final payment of �2000 will be paid 1 year after your start date. Please see attached New Hire Bonus Terms & Conditions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Mental Health nurse to work on a full time permanent basis in the Peterborough South Adult Locality Team.
The practitioner will provide specialist advice, assess, plan and implement care to a designated caseload whilst working at all times to promote the safety and wellbeing of service users and their families/carers.
The individual must be compassionate, committed and have good working knowledge of Psychosis and Affective Disorders. If you are passionate about promoting Recovery values and supporting service users throughout this journey, then we look forward to meeting you.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner and responsible for a defined caseload of service users by undertaking these duties:
- To undertake assessments of individuals and their families in the designated care group with complex health presentations, including those service users presenting with higher levels of risk
- They will work alongside the service user to develop their care plan along the recovery principles.
- To offer specialist assessment and advice where required.
- To assess, manage and regularly review on going risks as identified during the assessment, ensuring that this is done in collaboration with the service user and carers.
- To ensure that clinical practice is evidence based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and Trust policies and procedures.
- To provide supervision of junior staff and trainees where appropriate (mentorship and preceptorship qualifications)
- To act within the relevant Code of Conduct dependent on your Registration Body.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease note for this role you will be required to travel independently around the county meeting strict time deadlines. You will need to hold a full UK driving licence* and have use of a vehicle. You cannot use public transport for this role as this is not a reliable form of transport and will not allow you to meet service needs. Please confirm in your application that you meet the specified criteria. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
- The post holder will provide a good role model, develop and maintain good systems of communication, be able to communicate with a wide range of people in a range of situations.
- Reporting verbally and in writing with regards to clients progress, assessments and care planning to the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Discussing with client and their families / carers regarding care planning, assessments, and treatment.
- Be able to acknowledge the barriers to effective communication and adaptcommunication style in response.
- The post holder will be involved in self-development and contribute to the development of others.
- Engaging in reflective practice and implement evidence-base to practice, linking to appraisal standards
- Identifying and assessing potential risks involved in work activities and processes for self and others.
*DVLA have a number of reciprocal arrangements with overseas countries, for further information please visit the DVLA website Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Mental Health (RNMH
- Current NMC Registration
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Mentor Qualification / ENB 998 or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification related to specialism
- Additional qualification for specialism
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Basic training in the Mental Capacity Act
- Experience of providing mentorship
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of dealing with service users with complex mental health needs
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Lived experience of mental health
- Previous experience of undertaking continuing care assessments
- Experience of developing service user and carer involvement
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written, including IT literacy
- Ability to work as part of a team, as a role model, empowering and motivating other team members
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to use own initiative to enable contribution to a multidisciplinary team approach
- Ability to calmly manage complex and stressful situations, prioritising own work and the work of others
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Ability to present complex information to various audiences
- Thorough understanding of care planning and the Care Programme Approach (where appropriate)
- Knowledge of physical healthcare needs
- Commitment to and understanding of evidence based practice
- The Trust's 7C's and RESPECT enable Values (REV) initiative expectations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Physically able to undertake a demanding role safely - as and when required
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough Adult Locality Team
17 Bridge Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.