Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge....... if the answer is yes, please come and talk to us as we would love to hear from you!
We can offer you a wide range of rotations in Clinical Specialties across Weston General Hospital and our Bristol hospitals. In each rotation you will be working in a supportive integrated therapy team, where you will receive a comprehensive training and induction programme.
You will have an Occupational Therapy Team Lead , who will mentor and support you with regular supervision, appraisals etc.. Your rotation choices will include Older Persons Therapy ( including front door services) Stroke services, Trauma and Orthopaedics, Acute Medicine including High Care, Oncology and Critical Care, Cardiac and Surgery.
You will have the opportunity to access our in-house training courses and external training courses, and have access to mentoring and coaching for your career development and progression.
You will be encouraged to educate students, and be involved in service development, quality improvements and research. UHBW is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the South West of England and you will have access to a wide range of staff benefits from well being to flexible working and staff discounts.Main duties of the job
We are looking for Occupational Therapists who are keen to gain clinical and leadership experience as a Band 6 within a friendly, forward thinking, and supportive Adult Therapy Service. You must be an effective team player with excellent communication and organisational skills, and have the ability to think outside of the box.
- Band 6 Occupational Therapists are experienced clinicians - having completed core rotations as a Band 5 Occupational Therapist. The post-holder will act as an autonomous practitioner, providing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment, and managing their own patient caseload within a speciality team, with the support and mentoring of senior Occupational Therapists.
- They will supervise and train Band 5 Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Technical Instructors and Students as required.
- Band 6 staff will take some responsibility towards the smooth running of the department as requested and can deputise in the absence of the band 7 for some activities.
- Staff will be required to cross-cover during periods of absence.
- The post-holder will work across Bristol Royal Infirmary, St Michaels Hospital, South Bristol Community Hospital and Weston General Hospital.
- The post holder will be required to work shifts including weekends and to participate in the bank holiday rota
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and person specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Health Professions Council registered
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Involvement in Relevant Special Clinical Interest Groups
- Experience of working as part of an Occupational Therapy team & / or multidisciplinary team
- Staff have completed a variety of rotations as a band 5
- Contributing to clinical education of less experienced staff, students or assistants
- Experience of discharge planning
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Previous experience at Band 6
- Clinical supervision of students & technician staff
- Experience or knowledge of working in an acute hospital setting/community setting
- Previous NHS experience
- Effective communication skills both verbal & written
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to plan, prioritise & delegate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrate Assessment, Analytical & Reflective skills across a diverse patient group
- Ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure
- Ability to travel between sites
- Ability to effectively perform patient assessments & interventions, including therapeutic handling
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of clinical Governance & its application to Occupational Therapy
- Ability to cope in a stressful environment undertaking moderate to intense physical effort throughout the working day and carrying out concurrent activities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competent IT Skills
- Ability to effect & manage change
- Leadership Skills
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin St.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.