We are looking to recruit a self-motivated and experienced Sustainability Engineer to support the Estates department in achieving the Net Carbon Zero objectives facing all NHS Trusts in the UK.
The post holder will play a pivotal senior role in supporting the activities and energy reduction projects to identify, scope, and implement engineering actions intended to improve energy usage efficiency of the Trust operations, ultimately supporting the drive to net carbon zero wherever possible.Main duties of the job
The sustainability engineer will provide on-going support and expert advice on any aspect of the Estates departments service as part of business-as-usual operations and agreed support model, ensuring all opportunities to affect the bet zero objective are identified, explored, and wherever possible executed.
The post holder, acting as the subject matter expert on behalf of the directorate, will lead specific projects intended to reduce carbon usage through liaison and collaboration with the Capital Projects team or 3rd party specialist contractors. Reporting to the Head of Estates, the post holder would be joining a small specialist team dedicated to the management and operation of all UCLH properties ranging from office accommodation, to major PFI inpatient and acute services hospitals.About us
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, serving a large and diverse population. We provide academically led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas. Our vision is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education, and world-class research.
We provide first-class acute and specialist services across eight sites:
- University College Hospital (incorporating the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing)
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals
- University College Hospital Grafton Way Building
- Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- The Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street
We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of many complex illnesses. UCLH specialises in women's health and the treatment of cancer, infection, neurological, gastrointestinal and oral disease. It has world class support services including critical care, imaging, nuclear medicine and pathology.
At UCLH, we have a real 'One Team' ethos, and our values - safety, kindness, teamwork and improving, are central to the way we work. This is supported by our staff, who voted us as the #1 NHS Acute Trust to work for in the whole of England.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This is a great time to join the ULCH Estates and Facilities Directorate during this exciting project and to be a part of Trusts objectives to achieve Net Carbon Zero by 2035. The post will be primarily based in the Estates and Facilities Directorate office in John Astor House, Foley Street, but will be expected to work across sites as required and based on needs, throughout the Trusts London based properties.
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.Person SpecificationKnowledge & QualificationsEssential
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with experience in a senior estates/facilities management position in a large highly complex organisation
- Degree in an Engineering or Sustainability-related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Masters Degree in an Engineering or Sustainability-related field or management or equivalent relevant experience
- Able to demonstrate workable knowledge of national compliance standards
- Specialist Knowledge of Estates Statutory Compliance requirements
- BIM Level 2 Qualification.
- An understanding of the UK policy and regulatory framework relating to energy use and sustainability of buildings
- A proven success in managing outsourced FM services including SLA and contract management.
- A proven record of success in managing operational change while also developing and maintaining high standards of quality.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of delivering solutions to Sustainability challenges in an Operating environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the Equality Act 2010.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide ranging audience, particularly able to explain technical issues without using jargon.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Project management skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Delivery focused & a self-starter, having a track record of achieving challenging goals within business-critical timescales while working under pressure
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Astor House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.