The BHR Integrated Healthcare Alliance is a new partnership between North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) and PELC.
NELFT and PELC work in partnership to provide Urgent Care Services in Queen's Hospital, King George Hospital and Harold Wood and Barking Community sites into Urgent Treatment Centres providing 24 hour services.
NELFT is looking for a range of qualified Nurse Practitioners and Emergency Care Practitioners to join our existing teams and will have training opportunities to develop skills for the right applicants.Main duties of the job
You will play a key role in the provision of autonomous clinical practice and leadership. The clinician will need to demonstrate expertise and competencies in the assessment and management of patients of all ages presenting with a wide range of minor illness and injuries across all sites. The services will have access to radiological facilities and direct access to follow up clinics and community pathways.
This is an exciting initiative to further your professional development in a climate of dynamic change. The main requirements of the post:
Registered General Nurse / Emergency Care Practitioner with evidence of relevant post registration qualificationso Ability to support and manage all patients of all ages including assessment diagnosing, treatment and discharge in Minor Injuries and Minor Illnesso A& E/ Urgent Care experience
- Day and Night Shift working patternThe main responsibilities of the post: o To provide autonomous practice to all patients presenting with minor injury & illness with proven clinical competencies.o The ability and skills to manage case load maintaining an accurate overview of workload and the establishment of clinical priority of patients when acting as shift leader.o The ability to demonstrate recent clinical management.o Staff management skills.
Full time, part time and training posts available, please contact us to discuss.About usStarting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). High Cost Area Supplement - Outer London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are an overseas qualified nurse and wanting to start your journey to becoming a UK based registered nurse with the NMC, you can check whether you are eligible to be supported through our Capital Nurse consortium. Please visit https://www.capitalnurselondon.co.uk/how-to-apply/. Whilst NELFT is happy to welcome overseas nurses we are unable to consider your application directly. You should submit your interest and apply through the Capital Nurse London group.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details on the vacancy.Person SpecificationEducation & TrainingEssential
- Registered General Nurse (1st level) or Paramedic with the Health & Care Professional Council
- At least one of the following: Appropriate RSCN, RMN, RM, A/E qualification, Nurse practitioner qualification, Diploma or equivalent experience.
Desirable Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Accredited minor injuries course
- Accredited minor illness course
- Accredited physical assessment course
- An awareness of CQC and clinical governance priorities
- Ability to support and manage a case-load of patients including assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation, including providing health promotion and education to patients and carers
- Ability to organise and deliver a high standard of research based clinical nursing care including developing and implementing policies and protocols
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with members of the Primary Health Care Team and other agencies
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work
- Ability to act as a role model and leader to others and to motivate a team
- Ability to provide clinical training and education to the Urgent Care team
- Professional knowledge acquired through Degree/diploma supplemented by specialist training experience to Masters equivalent
- Knowledge of local community and understanding of a multi-cultural, racially diverse population
- Knowledge of current professional issues relating to speciality
- Understanding of patient confidentiality
- Understanding of equal opportunities
- Previous experience in a Band 6 post or equivalent to apply for Band 7 post working as an autonomous Practitioner at least 2 years.
- Demonstrate recent clinical management such as previous team leader or clinical tutor
- Demonstrate recent experience of working in an ED setting with evidence of physical assessment and diagnostic skills
- Has a range of clinical skills and expertise relevant to the role e.g o suturing / wound closure
- Willingness to undertake patient group directions or non-medical prescribing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic awareness of IT and IT skills
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Queen's Hospital, King George Hospital, Barking Community Hospital , Harold Wood Polyclinic
Barking, Havering & Redbridge Urgent Treatment Centre's
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.