A very exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Liaison Psychiatry Team in Southampton.
The Southampton Liaison Psychiatry Team has recently aligned to the national Core 24 model, the service is now developing to meet the Hampshire and IOW mental health transformation priorities. Liaison psychiatry is an integral part of the 24/7 Urgent Care Model, and this is a great opportunity for a motivated individual with an interest working in an acute hospital environment to expand their knowledge in both physical health care and crisis intervention, within the urgent care model.Main duties of the job
We are looking for applications from highly motivated, enthusiastic, and mental health professionals who are committed in promoting patient focused care and treatment for adults within the acute hospital. The successful candidates will have excellent leadership skills and work across the acute general hospital to provide mental health assessments and brief interventions to patients in the Emergency Departments and in-patient wards, as well as support, advice, and training to acute hospital colleagues.
The successful candidate will a receive a robust induction and regular supervision and reflective practice. The post holder will be required to work a flexible shift pattern over 24/7.
We are happy to consider part time and flexible working options. Please call either Alexa Redman or Annie Constantine 02381204529 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit if you would like more information.About us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
We are happy to talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Appropriate relevant professional qualification.
- e.g. Mental Health Nurse, SW, OT, with appropriate registration
- Evidence of other development and/or training which indicates a commitment to continuous development and preparation for management
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Anne Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.