The Access South Clinical Business Unit (CBU) is delighted to be recruiting into one of our Team Manager posts within our South of Tyne Universal Crisis Team based at Hopewood Park.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic candidate who is motivated to join the collective leadership team within the team.
The post holder who will have the operational oversight for the Working Age Adult (WAA) Pathway of the team and also the potential oversight of the Older Person (OP) Pathway next year.
The successful candidate will work alongside and together with the collective leadership team who support the ICTS, Adult and Older Adult pathways which makes up the Universal Crisis Team for the south locality. With the main aim/responsibility to support/lead on ensuring the service provides safe, effective, efficient care to service users and their carers who live within the community.
Provide day to day management of the team including recruitment, selection and induction of staff, conducting appraisals, developing individuals, managing performance and absence, ensuring statutory and mandatory training is completed, and dealing with grievance and disciplinary cases.
Motivate, engage and develop the team within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Understand and convey wider NHS developments and initiatives to team members to support their engagement with their work and the organisations.Main duties of the job
Key aspects of the role include monitoring the performance and quality of the service the team delivers. They also provide clinical leadership and effective day to day management of the team, commitment to promoting recovery and maximising independence and fulfil wider management responsibilities as required by the organisation.
Lead and coordinate team communication, including holding regular team meetings, communicating and consulting on service changes (which may be contentious), and acting as a conduit of information between the wider Trust, senior management, external agencies and the team.
Support the team in planning and adjusting the service in response to new initiatives/ ways of working.
Manage the process of Nurse Secondments in liaison with practice Placement Facilitators and Universities.About usWe aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 12th September 2023
Closing date : 26th September 2023
We welcome your application.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- First Level Registered Nurse or equivalent
- Relevant Post Grad qualification or training
- Experience of coordinating and managing staff resources
- Experience of working within a MDT and collaborative working across MDT/agencies/disciplines
- Experience of providing community/crisis based mental health services
- Experience of leading teams/taking on a leadership role in project management
- Commitment to Partnership working both MDT and multi- agency
- Coordinating/support staff in the day to day provision of clinical services
- Awareness of equal opportunities/legislation and policies
- Proven abilty to mange a work/case load in a flexible manner
- Experiencev of providing clinical/managerial supervision
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Experience of HR issues/budget management. Undertaking joint development reviews
- Demonstrate leadership skills/delegation.
- Excellent communication skills/interpersonal skills including negotiation/conflict management
- Experience of Performance management
- Effective organisational skills
- Expert clinical/managerial supervision skills
- Experience of conducting/evaluating clinical audits
- Evidence of maintaining accurate record keeping
role/team specfic requirementsEssential
- Demonstrate change management skills
- knowledge of Rio data systems/IT skills
- Open to change/robust/trustworthy/demonstrates respect/dignity/integrity/diversity/professional
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Open/non-judgmental approach to clinical/managerial/leadership role
- ability to work under pressure
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.