Are you HCPC qualified looking to take the next step in your CT Radiography career?
Our Radiography service has two fantastic opportunities for an experienced Specialist CT Radiographer to join our team in a vibrant and lively location of the English Riviera, Devon.
In your role, you can expect to be responsible for managing your own workload in the scan room and area your are responsible for alongside theuse of our complex technical equipment. Elsewhere, you will provide high quality diagnostic CT imaging and support more complex procedures where this is appropriate for the role and after appropriate training.
This is an opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated Radiographers to join our CT team in Torbay Hospital who have an expert understanding of radiography practices.
If you have limited CT experience and wish to train in the area, we would encourage you to give us a call so we can discuss the possibility of your application.
Please note, should you be successful in this position we will support you with your career development and on the job training will be provided for your continuous development and progression within our department.Main duties of the job
- To work within all mandated Regulatory guidelines and comply with all Trust and Departmental, Policies Protocols and Guidelines, ensuring high quality, safe working practices in a safe working environment
- Provide highest quality of care, treating all patients equally.
- To work as part of the wider TSDFT team, supporting patient pathways for all patient types, assuring that patients receive the most effective and efficient service
- You will supervise and advise trainees and students and be part of the 24 hours/7-day provision of service. This will involve working without more senior radiographic supervision on-site
- You are responsible for maintaining their registration and must have a relevant iv cannulation certificate of competency
The CT team is led by our Superintendent Radiographer and clinical supported and supervised by our two Consultant Radiologists. If you join our team, you will join a service that is multi-disciplinary, staffed by a mix of permanent CT Radiographers and colleagues with split CT and Plain Film roles.
The CT service has recently move to a new system of work based around 12 hour shifts (08:00-20:00 and 20:00-08:00) with aim to improve the working lives of the team by removing onerous on-call duties.
As such, you will be working 37.5 hours per week across our 24/7 service, largely working 12 hour shifts.
Care to Join us? Torbay Hospital provides acute care for the local community and has several community hospitals, and is a hot-spot for those who are considering living by the sea or within half an hour of Dartmoor National Park and an hour to Exmoor National Park. Meanwhile, Plymouth and Exeter are also both within a short drive to enjoy the culture, maritime history and shopping experiences.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFull Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitablilty to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. Person SpecificationShortlistingEssential
- Current HCPC Registration
- oBSc Radiography or DCR (+ CPD/experience)
- oCT scanning experience
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- oUp to date anaphylaxis training
- oCertificate of competence of iv cannulation
- oSpecific CT qualifications (e.g. PGC/PGD)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oEntitled as Operator under IRMER (Ionising Radiation (medical exposure) Regulations)
- oHave detailed evidence of appropriate ongoing professional development (professional portfolio)
- oAnnual attendance in the Directorates mandatory training programme
- oSelf-organiser able to work under own initiative within proficiencies achieved
- oTeam working skills
- oBasic knowledge of IT skills
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.