Band 5 Community Nurse - Extended Primary Care Teams, Newham
This is an exciting time in the Extended Primary Care Service in Newham. We have been restructured into Planned and Unplanned Care. A new Referral and Assessment Team has been introduced, which will compliment the existing Extended Primary Care Teams.
The Referral and Assessment Team will see all new referrals, while the existing Extended Primary Care Teams will see all patients that require ongoing care and treatment.
We have opportunities for both experienced and newly qualified Registered Nurses (Adult) to join our Extended Primary Care Teams in Newham, East London as Band 5 Community Nurses to cover the late shift (12pm - 8pm).
What we are looking for:
Main duties of the job
- Experienced qualified nurses (Registered Nurses Adult) who are looking to develop their skills and knowledge in community health practice.
- Newly qualified nurses who are looking for their first post as a qualified nurse.
- Nurses who offer a high level of person-centred nursing care.
- Nurses with excellent communication skills both verbal and non verbal.
- Nurses who can work as part of a Multidisciplinary team in order to enhance the quality of care provided to patients.
- Nurses who can work shifts over 7 days a week (including Bank Holidays), 12pm - 8pm (a later start may be considered for suitable candidates)
Please see the attached job description and person specification to see if this is the role for you. Remember to demonstrate in your personal statement how you meet the person specification.
You must be registered with the NMC (Registered Nurses Adult), have some post registration experience and be looking for a career in the community.
Final year students waiting for NMC registration will be considered if you meet the other essential criteria in the person specification.
(If you are an overseas nurse DO NOT respond to this advert but email Caroline Ogunsola, Professional Development Lead Nurse on email@example.com ).About us
The service is based in East Ham Care Centre and is operational 365/366 days a year including weekends and Bank holidays from 8am 8pm. Professional Support:
East London Foundation Trust values its staff. We will provide you with regular supervision and appraisal and give you opportunities to work towards your desired career pathway.
There are opportunities for training and continuing professional development.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For an informal chat or to arrange a visit please contact Zahra Famurewa , Clinical Lead, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered General Nurse.
- Demonstrate evidence-based practice and up- to-date clinical skills.
- Evidence of post-basic professional development
- Relevant teaching/mentorship qualification or commitment to undertake.
- Evidence of and commitment to multi- professional working.
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel across sites and across Trust boundaries to meet patient needs and attend meetings, etc.
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
CM South EPC Team
East Ham Care Centre, Shrewsbury Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.