An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the Scarborough Community Hub as an Advanced Complex Care Practitioner. We are looking for a skilled, organised, and dynamic Nurse with community experience to recruit as an Advanced Complex Care Practitioner (ACCP).
You will need to be hard-working, passionate, driven, with a problem-solving approach to patient and team management. You will work in an integrated multidisciplinary team, working closely with social care, GPs and AHP colleagues to deliver individualised, safe and effective, high-quality care.
The post holder will proactively identify service users' needs, be able to quickly identify a deteriorating patient, have knowledge & experience of caring for those with complex long-term conditions within their home environment understanding the experiences of patients and their families. With the overall aim of supporting patients to remain at home or in their normal place of residence, avoiding unnecessary hospital admissions. Also facilitating early discharge where patients have been hospitalised.
You will work as an autonomous practitioner and will be confident working collaboratively with colleagues across a wide range of professions and organisations.Main duties of the job
The main duties of the role will include -
- Robust clinical triage identifying appropriate referrals from across multiple partner organisations and through agreed clinical diversionary pathways.
- Advanced holistic clinical assessments, person-centred care plans, and complex treatment in the community setting.
- Coordination of the integrated multidisciplinary team and liaison with partners in wider health, social care and voluntary sector to support admission avoidance for specific service users.
- Assist the service user to navigate health and care systems to achieve successful outcomes.
We are anaward winning and CQC rated good, health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale & Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of patients and service users.
To find out about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You'll join our team of over 3600 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialities to change lives daily. We're extremely proud of our Trust community, knowing you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We are committed to staff development to ensure the delivery of high quality, person-centred and compassionate care to patients. We value our staff and invest in them, ensuring they have the right skills and competencies to deliver outstanding care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Be a member of a recognised professional body and hold a current professional registration
- Educated to Masters Level or Post Graduate advanced clinical/professional qualification or be able to fully demonstrate equivalent knowledge and experience
- An accredited leadership qualification or be able to demonstrate advanced leadership and management skills motivation, team building, developing positive interpersonal relationships, negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving, managing change, being creative
- Evidence of project work that has impacted on practice and demonstrates a higher level of communication/planning/change that impacts out of own area of work/responsibility
- Prepared to undertake or hold a recognised non-medical prescribing qualification, if required
- Advanced/expert understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and audits within identified clinical area.
- Specialist/advanced understanding/application of relevant managerial and leadership aspects of the service area
- Evidence of sound post -registration professional practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area to advanced level of post - graduate diploma or equivalent knowledge /experiential learning
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active user/carer involvement/participation
- Leadership/management experience which has had a positive impact and created change within the service delivery/practice
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- A breadth of clinical and professional practice including clinically specialising in the field where the post is held
- Proven leadership/management experience, able to demonstrate examples of positive impact/change within service delivery/practice at an advanced/expert level
- Ability to work across team/organisational boundaries developing and maintaining multi - professional and multi -agency partnerships
- Effective inter -personal skills and experience in supervising and mentoring and teaching
- Demonstrate up to date mandatory training and clinical CPD
- Ability to commute between the various sites
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels i.e. strategically and locally
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Prospect Road Surgery
174 Prospect Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.