2 x CT Superintendent Basildon & Broomfield Hospitals
2 x MRI Superintendent Broomfield & Southend (FTC) Hospitals
Following an expansion of services there has been a re-organisation and investment in the Superintendent workforce at MSE. A number of opportunities exist at various sites within our Trust.
You are invited to join us to share your passion for high quality, patient focused service delivery reflecting our Trust values of excellence, compassion and respect. These roles are pivotal as we continue to deliver high standards of service to our patients and prepare our workforce to contribute to the Community Diagnostic Centres opening from March 2024 within our region. The service is keen to hear from candidates experienced within the Superintendent role or those moving to their first position at this level.
Please read the person specification to ensure that you highlight the criteria we are looking for in your application. Informal enquiries are welcomed:Main duties of the job
The post holder will be an expert in modality and will maintain that expertise at the highest level.
They will demonstrate leadership and will be responsible for the management, training, supervision and monitoring of all staff in their modality specific area.
They will ensure that best evidence-based practice is used at all times. They will evaluate and commission new equipment and develop training packages for staff.
They will ensure protocols and standard operating procedures are maintained and being adhered to.
They will spend approximately 20% of working time undertaking clinical duties, with the remaining time spent undertaking operational and strategic management activities.
They will be a Radiation Protection Lead for the modality, working closely with the lead RPS, and provide advice and support to multi-disciplinary teams, in radiation safety.
The post holder will be expected to work with multi-disciplinary teams to identify and manage work streams proactively to promote clinical governance and learning within the service.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached generic job description, but some of the responsibilities include
- To attend the department performance, RPS, Clinical governance and senior team meetings providing input for the strategic direction of the department.
- Managing the day to day running of the modality department providing a high-quality service, working closely with the other superintendents, modelling best evidence-based practice.
- As a clinical expert with significant experience provides specialist advice about complex cases, onward imaging and patient pathways.
- To develop & review guidelines, policies and protocols, implementing change & new techniques as required, ensuring that all staff work to these guidelines. Work closely with the clinical lead and imaging (Deputy) general manager to improve clinical practice.
- BSc Radiography (Hons) or Diploma of College of Radiographers (or equivalent).
- Postgraduate training at MSc level or equivalent
- Extensive post graduate experience (including supervisory experience)
- Experience of leading /supervising a team
- Flexible attitude to work and willingness to learn new tasks
- Management qualification
- Evidence of report writing skills, presentation skills and investigation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership and motivational skill
- Good working knowledge of governance
- Involvement in Clinical Audit / Research
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.