An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Risk Manager to join the Corporate Quality and Patient Safety Team at NUH . We are looking for a passionate and highly skilled individual, with significant experience of risk management in a healthcare setting
The Risk Manager will take a lead role working alongside the Head of Risk Management ensuring there is a comprehensive, effective and regularly maintained risk management function in place across the organisation, providing specialist expert advice, support and leadership for risk management, risk assessment and risk based training. Main duties of the job
The Risk Manager will take a lead role working alongside the Head of Risk Management, providing organisational leadership for risk management programmes and assurance across the Trust, promoting a positive culture of compliance and risk awareness.
In the absence of the Head of Risk Management, the post holder will be required to deputise as chair at the Risk Management Operational Group (RMOG), and any other operational meetings with a risk management focus, ensuring improvement and quality of the risk assessment process is consistently achieved and maintained.
Lead on key 'risk fundamentals' consultation sessions with QRS Leads enabling improvement changes and continual development of the organisations Risk Management Policy and Risk Assessment process aligning the outputs with the Trust's Risk Appetite to support / inform organisational decision making.
Working closely with the Head of Risk Management, to jointly lead on the development and implementation of a comprehensive risk management training programme, enabling the delivery of the risk management agenda driving a positive culture of risk awareness and reporting and to ensure appropriate levels of competence around risk management exists and is embedded across all services and functions.
Undertake monthly audits, including analysis of complex data, and use this to undertake quality and service improvement projects, using established improvement methodology. Findings to be entered into monthly risk reports.About us
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your risk management career in a dynamic, challenging and high profile environment.
NUH is a large, busy Teaching Trust, providing care to over 2.5.million community residents . This role sits within the Corporate Quality and Patient Safety Team and will work closely with other Colleagues across the Team to support the delivery of a robust quality governance framework across the whole Trust.
You will be joining a dynamic and highly motivated team, committed to continually improving the quality and safety of the care delivered to our patients. Ensuring we have effective risk managements processes is a fundamental component of our strategy for success.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for details of the main responsibilities of this role.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Masters level education or equivalent level of experience working at a senior level in specialist area
- Highly developed specialist knowledge across all areas of role scope underpinned by theoretical knowledge and / or practical experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Up to date knowledge of Risk Management standards and practice through training or qualification.
- Prepared to work towards a risk management qualification
- Significant proven and demonstrated experience in Quality Governance at a managerial level within the NHS or similar environment for several years.
- Experience of supporting with the development of Risk strategies and system development in a large and complex organisation
- Specialist knowledge of the requirements and delivery of current healthcare policy and regulatory compliance for all elements of the role function with several years' experience and proven freedom to act and make decisions at Managerial level.
- Understanding of clinical services, health service guidance and regulatory standards.
- Experience in managing contentious situations and influencing diverse stakeholders, including clinical and non-clinical staff, to achieve objectives
- Demonstrates an extensive knowledge of NHS regulation and compliance agenda Political context Role of Care Quality Commission and NHSE/I Relevant healthcare legislation with UK and EU Governance and assurance frameworks
Communication and Relationship SkillsEssential
- Experience of working within a lead role in relation to regulation and compliance
Planning and Organisation SkillsEssential
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral including highly effective report writing, policy development and Executive briefings. Ability to present highly complex data.
- Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information, negotiate with senior staff and external stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
- Able to work collaboratively with partner organisations
- Proven negotiating skills on difficult and very complex detailed issue
- Ability to communicate in a hostile or emotive atmosphere
- Ability to deliver effective and interactive risk training (In person/Remote/Hybrid)
- Plans and organises a broad range of complex activities, formulating and adjusting plans to reflect changing approaches or requirements
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Able to manage and prioritise conflicting demands and meeting various deadlines required for producing highly complex tasks requiring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven track record of formulating long-term, tactical and operational plans to manage issue impacting across the organisation and its ability to deliver core services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Project management skills/qualifications
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS TrustsAddress
City Hospital, HQ
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.