The Parent Infant Mental Health Service (PIMHS) in Surrey is looking for a Clinical Lead with managerial responsibilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Child Psychotherapist registered with the ACP who is looking for leadership opportunities and has a keen interest and experience in working with infants and parents.
The Parent Infant Service has its roots in a psychodynamic tradition. It offers timely interventions for parents, partners and their babies in both the antenatal and postnatal periods. This includes Parent Infant psychotherapy, Circle of Security, Watch Me Play and Video Interactive Guidance. The team is comprised of a Perinatal Therapist, Specialist Health Visitors, Child Psychotherapists and an Administrator.Main duties of the job
The managerial responsibilities cover the day to day tasks such as managing leave, ensuring supervision is regular and planned as well as developing the service and meeting with commissioners and stake holders during a time of transformation and change in community health services.
The post holder will be part of a supportive Trustwide Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy team, comprising of ten child and adolescent psychotherapists, and 6 - 7 child psychotherapists in training.
The post is for 3 days a week and includes a clinical caseload of parents and infants.
Please note that travel to the East of the county (Redhill, Horley and Dorking) will be required as part of the post.About us
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description & person specification document for more information on the requirements for this jobPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registration with the Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
- A recognised postgraduate doctorate in Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy (or completion of a recognised Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy training equivalent to a doctorate).
- Clinical supervision training
- Driving Licence suitable for driving in the UK
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive experience working as a qualified child & adolescent psychotherapist
- Substantial post-qualification highly specialist level experience
- Experience of professional management of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of supervising child psychotherapists and other professionals
- Experience of service and policy development
- Experience of working with parents antenatally and postnatally including working with premature and unwell babies
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
18 Mole Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.