We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative CBT Therapists to work across our newly formed Wirral Assessment and Formulation Team, formerly known as Single Point of Access (SPA) and CMHTs. These service developments form part of the CMHT transformation agenda and recognise the central role that psychological therapies play in promoting recovery.
You will also be part of an expanding team of experienced psychologists and therapists who recognise the importance of continuing personal development and peer supportMain duties of the job
Alongside direct therapeutic work with individuals and their families, you will also provide consultation and support to our MDT colleagues. In addition to individual work, you will have the opportunity to help us develop and deliver a groupwork programme to promote recovery. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to ongoing service developments, including the National CMHT Transformation Programme. An interest in research and audit is encouraged and supported.
Specialist supervision will be provided for the post and there will be opportunities for the development of clinical skills, including training in therapies. Specifically, there is agreement that the successful post-holder will be able to access training in EMDR, and/or other therapy modalities deemed relevant to the needs of the service Users.About us
CWP provides health and care services for local people, including mental health, learning disability, community physical health and all-age disability care - including the provision of three GP surgeries.
Our aim is to help people to be the best they can be, adopting a compassionate, person-centred approach to everything we do. We were recently rated as Outstanding for Caring by the Care Quality Commission with a Good rating overall.
We offer a variety of roles at all levels, so whether you are just starting out in your career or looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, CWP is the right employer for you.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences.
CWP is proud to be an accredited Veteran Aware organisation helping to provide and share best practice in NHS care for our armed forces community. As a veteran aware organisation, CWP is committed to delivering on the principles of the Armed Force Covenant and has a 'Silver' award with the MOD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (DERS).
The trust offers a Guaranteed Interview Scheme to any armed forces community applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post and encourages applications from armed forces reservists or cadet force adult volunteers. We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for full details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking a Values Based Interview/Assessment ,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for our Armed Forces community. Please answer YES to the question in the application form.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment.You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
CWP encourages and supports all staff to become vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant degree in nursing, social care of psychology
- CBT certification, accredited by ABACP (British Assoc. of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapy)
Knowledge & ExpertiseEssential
- Pre-qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of applied psychology.
- Specialist training in Physical Health/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by the BABCP
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Specialist knowledge and expertise in relation to a particular problem area (Physical Health/ PTSD).
- Knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practised within the clinical fields of psychology.
- Formal training in supervision of other Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multi-media materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and intervention with clients presenting with Physical Health and P.T.S.D.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems and verbal and physical abuse.
- Experience of working as a qualified CBT over a minimum of 18 months.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision.
- Experience of the application of clinical psychology in different cultural contexts.
- Experience of service user and carer involvement in services.
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Catherines Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.