As core member of the R& I Support team, you will have strong communication skills, with a solid understanding of research methodologies and governing frameworks. You will be a valued source of guidance for those without, but seeking to develop their research ideas. You will be responsible for overseeing the growing portfolio of successful grant funded studies, and supporting researchers of the future on their clinical academic career pathways.You will be expected to proactively network with our local HEI's, other Trusts and NIHR infrastructure, and other collaborators to foster home grown research for the benefits of our communities. Working closely with the Sponsorship, Quality & Governance, and Financial colleagues within the Research Support function, you will help advise upon the NHS Research Framework, and put together the dream team for successful grant applications, adding to East Lancashire Hospitals reputation for delivering safe, personal and effective research.Main duties of the job
With discretion to determine their own workload, the post holder will:
- Help Trust staff and others to navigate the relevant research funding programmes, including applications
- Raise awareness of research opportunities for training and relevant funding streams etc.
- Navigate and advise upon the governance requirements to conduct research in the NHS
- facilitate the involvement of other experts for potential collaboration and review for any new study research teams e.g. statisticians, health economists,.
- proactively ensure the delivery of a comprehensive, high quality and efficient support service for our colleagues and collaborators.
We are proud that every member of our team receives a detailed induction and training package specific to their needs, experience and job role. Our dedicated research team and supportive leadership structure ensures that our staff have the skills and knowledge to care for their patients and undertake research to the highest standards.
Our management fully support the Trust ethos of compassionate leadership. We support flexible working and will consider all requests, taking into account the needs of the service. You'll have an opportunity to discuss this at interview. Employees are able to access a huge range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata) on appointment. There is also an on-site Gym for Trust employees & we offer a generous pension scheme.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will:
- Maintain systems to maintain oversight of research studies that that have the potential to become larger research grant submissions, at each stage of the projects development.
- Utilise existing expert knowledge and experience of clinical systems and processes to further support and inform the design stage of research proposals
- Provide advice on data and sample collection/ processing, which staff may carry out for early phase (preliminary) research studies to support future larger scale studies.
The post holder will potentially line manage co-ordinators in the support team as required.
There will be requirements to travel across all Trust sites and wider for relevant training, meetings/ networking requirements, such as to local partner Universities and other research active Trusts. A flexible approach is required as meetings are occasionally outside of typical hours.Person SpecificationOtherEssential
- Ability to work across all ELHT sites and to other research sites. Some overnight stay may be expected.
- Educated to Post Graduate level in health/health related area, or equivalent experience
- Grant Programme Management Experience
- GCP Training
- Previous research administrative experience in NHS or Academia
- Experience of policy/SOP development
- Extensive Microsoft Experience as well as research systems: e.g R Studio, RedCap
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of setting up new systems and processes and the implementation of these
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of NHS Research governing and regulatory frameworks
- Able to persuade and influence in order to foster and maintain relationships Able to explain complex regulatory and policy information and presenting in an appropriate format
- Proven people and management skills Ability to manage team dynamics, ensuring potential for conflict is managed effectively.
- Able to plan and manage projects or significant activities
- Accurately assimilate complex information providing robust and pragmatic solutions
- Ability to listen to others and use critical questioning techniques to identify core issues
- Experience of regulatory inspections, especially by the MHRA
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work independently and manage own day-to-day workload, prioritising as needed with a flexible and positive approach
- Able to work in an environment of continuous change
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Royal Blackburn Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.