The Theatre arrivals and discharge unit is a busy elective surgical theatre admissions and day case discharge area.
As the Band 6 Sister you will be responsible for supporting the lead nurse in the management of the unit and the staff, coordinating the day to day running of the unit whilst providing a high standard of quality care.
The interview date for this role will be 05/10/2023Main duties of the job
Responsible for maintaining a high standard of clinical work whilst carrying out nursing procedures.
Responsible for the safe custody of medication including checking and administration.
Responsible for the day to day management and motivation of colleagues.
Ensure compliance to local and government policies and frameworks to maintain the highest standards of care for our patients.
Support the Lead nurse in the appraisal process and the completion of duty rotas and any other appropriate duties.About usPlease note that the Trust reserves the right to close a position early.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing Trust achieving a Good rating in our most recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) assessment and achieving significant progress in the delivery of our strategic objectives. We are proud of the commitment of our staff to ensuring a strong and sustainable future for this organisation which is highly valued by our local communities.
There has never been a better time to join Barnsley Hospital. It is moving at pace and a we can do this attitude is evident right through the organisation, where staff are engaged for change and committed to being part of the journey to sustainability and growth.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and fair treatment to all applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, mental or physical disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or offending history.
The cost of the DBS (criminal records check) will be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st level registered nurse
- Educated to diploma level (or working towards)
- Evidence of relevant post registration education and development
Knowledge and AwarenessEssential
- Relevant degree or working towards
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Current healthcare issues
- Quality benchmarking
- Quality, audit and its application
- Clinical governance
- Healthcare commission standards for better health
- Risk management and NHSLA
- Health and safety
- Statutory and professional requirements
- NHS policy
- Effective interpersonal /communication
- Effective decision-making
- Effective influencing
- Effective team working
- Ability to monitor, maintain and improve service delivery
- Effective change management
- Significant experience at band 5 in specialty
Values based questionsEssential
- Pre-Assessment experience
- Recognised leadership development program attendance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In around 100 words please describe what Equality & Diversity means to you and why they are important.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.