Are you a Leader with the commitment, drive and passion to deliver outstanding care within the chemotherapy day case unit
An opportunity has arisen, within the oncology/haematology team for an experienced nurse with a specialist interest in chemotherapy to lead the team.
The post holder will have an opportunity to assist the Matron in developing the strategic direction for the service specialty .You will play a major role in improving care and services within the day case setting and work collaboratively with pharmacy and lead chemotherapy nurse to ensure excellence in patient care and service provision.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary integrated team helping to deliver a model of care which is patient centered care and supports the best possible outcomesMain duties of the job
The role will involve the effective management and deployment of a team of staff and resources allocated to the safe delivery of chemotherapy.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with other specialties to ensure effective service provision.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced nurse with a specialist interest in chemotherapy to further develop their clinical and leadership skills in a supportive environment and forge improvements to patient care.
If you are interested in joining our chemotherapy team or want to know more about the post we look forward to hearing from you.About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of providing safe, caring and effective services because people matter. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such as BAME, disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertakePerson SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
Knowledge and TrainingEssential
- Relevant professional qualification, ie nursing degree
- Masters level of study in advanced practice / or working towards
- Minimum 5 years post registration experience
- Independent/supplementary prescriber (level 7)
- completed IRMER Training for requesting X-rays/ Scans
- Registered specialist qualification in SACT and cancer care (level 6 or 7)
- Full NMC registration with a license to practice
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Practice assessor or supervisor within the clinical area of practice
- Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical problems
- Advance clinical assessment skills including history taking/clinical examination
- Ability to perform bone marrow biopsies and aspirations
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health Service environment and health agenda (national/local)
- Knowledge of relevant national policies pertaining to oncology and haematology care
- Undertake audit of extended nursing practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive proven post registration experience
- Designed and delivered teaching or education packages to patients, carers and health care staff
- Proven experience in managing and implementing change
- Experience in policy development
- Experience of clinical audit/R& D processes and practice
- Ability to manage, motivate and empower others
- Aware of agendas (national/local) within speciality
- Up-to-date knowledge of clinical issues related to speciality
- Experience in leading and managing staff
- Able to demonstrate having worked in an autonomous role utilising skills in complex situations
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Russells Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.