Are youpassionate about making a difference to children and families lives across our diverseboroughsto join ouraward winning school nursing team.
We are one of a few London trusts to use chathealth and parent line which is a text messaging service that engages young people and parents in supporting their health needs. As part of the Evelina Londonyou would haveinvaluable links to the acute sector which supports evidence based practice and career progression.
Advert closing: 21st September 2023
Interview date: 28th September 2023 Main duties of the job
You will be an autonomous practitionerwith responsibility for a caseload whilst working alongside a dedicated team. As part of this, you would be part of the leadership team contributing to innovation and shaping the school nursing service.We are proud of ourdelivery of the school nursing service which includes: managing a safeguarding caseload,providing health promotion and supporting schools to manage the health needs of their students as well as line management of staff.
We have rolled out mobile working across our community trust giving us more time and flexibility to work in schools and improving our staffs work life balance.
In return we can offer you a robust preceptorship programme, supportive line management and a team that are enthusiastic about young people's health as well as the unique benefits offered whilst working for Guys and St Thomas's Trust. Important information- Candidates must have Specialist Community Public Health-School nurse qualification or successful completed SCPHN for Academic year 2022/2023About us
Evelina London is part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and we are responsible for providing services for women and children. With over 3,000 dedicated staff, and led by an Executive Team and Board, we have significant devolved autonomy to focus operationally and strategically upon the needs of our patients. We also benefit from being part of a large and successful NHS foundation trust, whose values we share. We have an ambitious strategic development programme, with backing from Guy's and St Thomas'.Every year, the number of children and young people Evelina London cares for, in hospital and in the community, continues to grow. We provide comprehensive health services from pre-conception, before birth, throughout childhood and into adult life for children, young people and for women from London, South East England, and - forsome rare conditions - around the UK and the world.As the only NHS Trust in London with women's and specialist children's services on one site we have unique opportunities to provide excellent, high-quality, integrated care for mothers, babies and children. We operate through four clinical directorates:Neonatology and Medical Specialties, Surgical Services, Theatres and Paediatric Intensive Care, Children's Community Services and Women's Services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will have a leadership role within a School Nursing team and be responsible to the management of a caseload ensuring the provision of a high standard of service of delivery to the school age population and their families in the community.
This will include:
- First contact, assessment, care and referral, identifying health needs and raising awareness of health wellbeing.
- Continuing care, health improvement programmes, chronic disease management and delivering the Healthy child programme.
- Influencing the broader context which effects health and social wellbeing, providing public health and promotion programs that improve health and reduce inequalities.
The post holder will support the School Nurse Team Leader in developing effective relationships and maintaining effective partnership working and relationships
The post holder will be responsible for education, training, mentoring, for health and social care students in clinical placements/he will mentor and be a preceptor to new junior members of staff. Exhibiting excellence in clinical care s/he will be an effective role model for others to aspire and work towards.Person SpecificationValues and behaviourEssential SkillsEssential
- A sound understanding of the Children's Act 1989 and subsequent documents
- Able to carry out the duties of the post with or without adaptations.
- Excellent organisational skills
- IT literate e.g. word processing and email and internet use.
- Experience within a School Nurse team
- Experience of working with child safeguarding issues.
- Ability to take full responsibility for caseload management and workload.
- Ability to work independently as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of direct supervision of qualified and unqualified staff and participation in their development.
- Experience of mentoring students
- Understanding of need for confidentiality.
- Understanding of working within budgetary and resource constraints
- Understanding of the importance of the management of long-term conditions and rehabilitation and health promotion in the community.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to justify decisions and actions
- Ability to demonstrate reasoning to senior management if required
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lambeth and Southwark
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.