Is providing excellent Nursing care and getting the basics right one of your key drivers? Do you love developing others to become excellent at what they do? Is making a difference and doing the right thing fundamental to you? If your answer to these questions is yes, then an exciting opportunity has arisen within the Gynaecology Unit for a Senior Sister/Charge Nurse role Great Senior Sisters and Charge Nurses have a strong sense of ownership of their wards and departments and love to be in charge. They're honest and straightforward and they have high standards. They thrive on the busy nature of the role, they love being on top of things, they have a lot of drive and they keep going when things are tough.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to be part of a friendly, dynamic, multidisciplinary team, in the role of Senior Sister/ Charge Nurse. The successful applicant will be supported to use their own initiative working with the key stakeholders to develop and manage the Gynaecology Inpatient and Day Case services at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and have experience in managing staff within a clinical environment. Applications should be self-motivated, dynamic and forward thinking and be able to lead and develop the nursing team.Main duties of the job
Key aspects of the role include:
- Provide highly quality nursing care, education and management expertise
- Work as part of the multidisciplinary team, supporting various AHP in the management/ leadership of the department, acting as a liaison between Gynaecology Consultants, Outpatient staff, Admin and Clerical staff, Ward Staff, and internal/external agencies as required
- Provide support to patients and their families around the conditions and provide information about treatment options ensuring a positive experience
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
The Directorate of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Neonatology is based at the Jessop Wing which is linked to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. The maternity unit has over 6800 births per year and is a Regional Tertiary Maternity Service with a Level 3 Neonatal Unit of 44 cots. A tertiary Gynae-Oncology service and a changing Gynaecology Service, which includes an Assisted Conception Unit, complete the services within the Directorate.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualifications and EducationEssential
- RGN Level one
- NMC registered
- Continuous professional development
- First degree or evidence of working towards one (demonstrating graduate attributes)
- Teaching qualification or equivalent qualification / experience
- Nursing Degree
- Extensive post registration experience
- Relevant experience at junior sister/ charge nurse role
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a professional team
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Specialist training relevant to role -Deteriorating patient -Gynaecology Course -Fertility management
- Academic courses relevant to role -Leadership and management course
- Speciality clinical skills - care of patients with complex needs
- Ability to communicate effectively including active listening, writing, and verbally, with individuals on a one-to-one basis and with groups.
- Good understanding of the national strategic context of the NHS
- Ability to manage organisational change
- Excellent performance management skills.
- Highly developed leadership skills with excellent interpersonal skills - ability to form positive relationships at all levels.
- Ability to manage complex workload under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Persuasion and influencing skills - ability to present ideas and proposals effectively.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Lorenzo and EDMS
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hallamshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.