We have exciting opportunity to lead our growing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Team at Pennine Care.
We welcome candidates with a clear and demonstrable passion and/lived experience.
This is a key senior which at its heart will help us continue our journey in creating a truly inclusive culture where everyone can be their true selves at work and ebsuring fair access to our services and improve the outcomes and experiences of our service users. people can be their authentic self and where access to and experience of our
We are looking for a passionate EDI leader with ideas for improvement and an eye on delivering and driving our ambitious agenda. The successful candidate will be highly knowledgeable about the issues facing minority and/or under-represented groups and have the inter-personal skills to engage with and involve a range of diverse groups and individuals to ensure our work is informed and supported by people's experience.Main duties of the job
To be successful, you will be an authority in EDI best practice, knowledge and application. You will be able to demonstrate significant recent evidence of leading and implementing initiatives achieving equality improvement outcomes. You will be an advocate for diversity and inclusion and have the credibility and influence to work with people at all levels to put EDI at the heart of everything we do.
A strong communicator and influencer, you will develop effective working relationships both strategically and operationally across a range of settings, in order to deliver our EDI priorities and to continue to mainstream EDI best practice across all aspects of our patient services and our workforce.
You will lead on the development and implementation of the Trusts strategic EDI objectives ensuring the involvement of diverse groups and people with lived experience in the development and implementation of our plans.About us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in a specialist area.
- Extensive knowledge of specialist area acquired through education, research or formal development.
- Evidence of further relevant study in health inequalities / EDI
- Deep and broad up to date knowledge and understanding of EDI with significant senior level experience designing, delivering and evaluating effective EDI activities.
- Experience of working across a complex organisation to delivery cultural change across a range of activities projects and programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing departmental objectives, plans and service standards and monitoring performance against those objectives.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office packages including Office, excel, access, word, powerpoint
- Experience engaging with communities/patients/carers to listen, learn and influence change.
- Knowledge and experience of the NHS and wider healthcare system
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the current equality legislation, including knowledge of best EDI practice.
- Knowledge of WRES WDES and other key reporting requirements of the NHSq
Work Related CircumstancesEssential
- Demonstrable diplomacy and discretion, able to work closely with stakeholders including very senior leaders.
- Proven ability to influence and inspire at all levels and across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrable persuasion and influencing skills to foster and maintain key relationships and networks at all levels.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with prove ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing, varying the communication style to fit the audience and engaging and inspiring people at all levels.
- Able to deal with conflicting demands and make timely decisions and actions
- Able to gather, interpret and apply data and metrics.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Actively promoted and role modelled positive leadership behaviours, encouraging and supporting individual and team development and promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
225 Old street
Ashton under Lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.