We are looking for a highly motivated, forward thinking Clinical Skills Educator to join the excellent Training and Education department at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Within a changing context of multi professional education, the successful candidate will design, deliver and evaluate specific training courses related to aspects of mandatory and specialist training, and patient safety/risk management, and will also contribute to the facilitation of Simulation and Resuscitation course delivery.Main duties of the job
You will be a registered health care professional with at least 2 years' experience within an acute care setting, experience as an educator designing and delivering training to meet the identified needs of a range of staff/student groups. There is a commitment to the education of others and you will have a recognised teaching or mentoring qualification such as SLiP or equivalent and have been involved in the delivery of simulation training.
For any enquiries or for further information, please contact Ben McKay - Education Manager: Patient Safety Training or Rhianna Cooper- Education Lead: Clinical Skills
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 25.09.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of two years' post registration experience in healthcare profession involving direct patient contact
- Experience of providing clinical care to individuals with critical and complex care needs (adults or children or both)
- Evidence of teaching and assessing in clinical settings, preferably with experience of teaching practical skills at a range of levels
- Experience of supervising and supporting learners in practice
- Experience of providing leadership in a clinical environment
- Experience or involvement in simulation training.
- Experience of developing teaching and writing policies/guidelines.
- Presentation skills within a variety of both formal and informal settings to large groups and at different professional levels.
- Accurate, organised and detailed orientated
- Willing to develop own skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications including accurate report writing
- Able to identify and prioritise complex, time sensitive work and projects.
- Ability to work autonomously under own initiative as well as with the wider education team.
- Computer literate has experience in data inputting, databases and Microsoft Office software
- Able to act as a resource and demonstrate excellent negotiation skills.
- Coaching skills
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of patient safety and risk issues
- Awareness of current research, development and evidenced based practice.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Registered General Nurse, ODP, AHP etc.
- Relevant recognised teaching/assessing qualification e.g. SLIP, PGCE, GIC.
- Relevant healthcare degree.
- Evidence of on-going professional, personal and academic development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- RCUK instructor or willingness to complete.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.