If you're a Band 5 staff nurse currently working for the trust and looking to move to another area, please go to http://uhbpolicies/documents/internal-lateral-transfer-of-post-holders.htm to access our transfer process
Our team have told us what they need from their employer- and we've listened. If you are looking for hours to fit around your family, we can tailor our offering to you. This could be working school hours, weekends only, condensed hours or maybe it's just keeping your interest in nursing by offering one shift a week. We would rather adapt our rosters to secure your talent. All we ask for is that you provide the very best care to our patients and work with our teams to ensure patient quality and safe care is delivered. We are hiring across specialities at Heartlands Hospital which includes Cardiology, Respiratory and nephrology. With any role within UHB, each post comes with the support of our team and managers. This is extended by support from our School of Nursing, AHPs and Midwifery. The School offers exciting opportunities for career growth and development, and our focus is on providing a supportive environment as part of your continuing professional development.Main duties of the job
Ward 2 is a medical ward that specialises in Diabetes Medicine. Ward 3 and 31 cares for a range of patients with renal conditions including kidney transplantation. You will have opportunities to gain experience in our neighbouring clinical areas including the renal assessment unit and the dialysis unit. You will also have the opportunity to shadow our clinical nurse specialists in renal medicine and transplantation.
Having the willingness to learn and undertake expanded practices relevant to the scope of practice is essential for a nurse working within the renal team
Ward 9 and 6 care for patients with cardiac conditions. We have a full range of modern cardiology services. We provide 24hour PPCI service, Diagnostic angiography, PPM and complex devices. As part of the Cardiac Cath Lab team you will be expected to work across all three sites and participate in weekend/overnight on call as necessary at BHH.
Ward 24 is a 43 bedded acute respiratory ward and Ward 26 is a Cystic Fibrosis Unit. Ward 24 specialises in many different complex respiratory conditions including COPD, CF, asthma, bronchiectasis and ILD. We have inpatient areas for both the West Midlands Regional Cystic Fibrosis Unit and the Birmingham Regional Severe Asthma service. We also have an inpatient area providing high dependency care for Non-Invasive Ventilation, CPAP and patients with Tracheostomies.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- *Registered Adult Nurse on the NMC Register
- *Evidence and ability to revalidate as required by the NMC
- *Previous / recent experience or working in an acute secondary NHS care setting (can include student placements within the last 12 months )
- *Evidence of achievements and career development in current post and of on-going professional development/ competence
- *Experience of working on own and in a team in a health care environment delegating to others within a team / providing supervision to others
- *Willingness to become a practice supervisor / assessor to or meets Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) standards for student supervision and assessment
- *Understanding and knowledge of the NMC code of conduct
- *Understanding of preceptorship and work based learning and assimilation of skills and knowledge
- *Awareness of current relevant NHS policy context
- *Understanding / experience of the principles of safeguarding and Mental Capacity
- *Awareness of health and safety issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- *Demonstrate achievement of numeracy (including drug administration calculations) and literacy skills. Ability to read / write and speak , receive and understand instructions in English
- *Good IT skills ability to record information electronically
- *Competent in a range of clinical skills willingness to undertake expanded practices relevant to the scope of practice required
- *Competent in managing the care of a group of patients / shift management and clinical leadership relevant to the practise setting
- *Professional appearance
- *Displays genuine interest in the post applied for and can articulate this when questioned
- *Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- *Ability to communicate articulately others
- *Caring and approachable
- *Ability to work a varied shift pattern including nights / weekends unsocial hours where required
- *The applicant can describe why the Trust may deploy him /her to a different practice setting for a span of duty
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bordesley Green E
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.