An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic band 7 MSK Physiotherapist to join our award winning, innovative team.
You will provide day to day support and leadership to our team of Physiotherapists. The department has a strong focus on staff wellbeing, learning & development & you will play a pivotal role in supporting this commitment.
You will be supported in your development by an established team of advanced practice physiotherapists / extended scope physiotherapist( ESPs) with expertise in ultrasound imagine, injection therapy & prescribing. You will also benefit from close working with our specialist community pain team that is co-located at St Leonard's.
We offer experience in:
- Musculoskeletal outpatient rehabilitation
- Daily APP/ESPs drop in clinical reasoning sessions
- Groups and classes
- Leadership & supervision
- Audit & service improvement
You will have the opportunity to grow and develop & will be supported by ESPs.
The Locomotor community service works closely with the consultant musculoskeletal outpatient team based at Homerton and FCP teams and has a well-established structured teaching programme for senior staff. Further individualised training is supported through a range of in-house training at Homerton well as NHS elect & there are opportunities for funded MSc modules.
Please note interviews will be held face to face at St Leonard's N1 5LZ.Main duties of the job
You will be based in our main department at St Leonards & have the opportunity to lead one of our satellite physiotherapy clinics: John Scott health centre & Kenworthy road health centre. While you will not be working in GP practice in this role, you will work alongside FCPs in split roles across GP practices as FCP's & Locomotor service clinics providing Physiotherapy.
- Act as highly specialist practitioner in field of musculoskeletal dysfunction & pain
- Assist service managers in day-to-day clinical management of Physiotherapy for outpatients in Locomotor service sites & GP practices.
- Participate & carry out audit / quality improvement projects within Locomotor service & members of the primary & secondary care MDT.
- Provide highly specialist training, advice & education to physiotherapists in Locomotor service.
- To appropriately screen referrals to Locomotor service
- Deliver programmes of supported patient self-management, in ways that facilitate behavioural change, optimise individuals' physical activity, mobility, fulfilment of personal goals & independence & that minimise the need to refer on for pharmacological interventions.
- Collaborate & assist service managers to develop the physiotherapy service in primary care in line with user involvement & relevant NHS directives. Including the provision of first contact practitioners in City & Hackney GP practices, providing cover with support of advanced practice Physiotherapists if required by service need
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing and flourishing organisation serving the population of Hackney, East London, The City and beyond.
We are extremely proud of the fact that Homerton Hospital has recently attained the highest possible rating of Outstanding from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our integrated Trust provides comprehensive hospital and community health services for its local population and a range of specialist services for a wider group of patients. In addition, the Trust manages services out of St Leonard's Hospital and the Mary Seacole Nursing Home.
Homerton aims to ensure equality and value diversity, and we are committed to inclusion for all of our staff. This is reflected in our policies, procedures and People Plan. All of our staff are expected to embody our Trust values at all times.
We are also committed, through our Fair Recruitment Standards, to ensuring all applicants are treated fairly.
Homerton has a proud tradition of supporting and developing its staff, including its well-regarded and valued nursing community, and all staff are able to take advantage of a great range of benefits.
Homerton is proud to have been included on the HSJ & Nursing Times Best Places to Work list.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s on this page.
The person specification below is not the full person specification but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- HCPC registered Physiotherapist
- Degree/diploma in Physiotherapy
- Advanced clinical reasoning skills which meets band 7 MSK Competency Framework
- Specialist clinical skills e.g. manual & manipulative therapy, pain management, exercise therapy, soft tissue treatment.
- Ability to manage a case load of patients independently with complex musculoskeletal dysfunction, acute and chronic pain
- Ability to demonstrate team leadership skills, being able to lead, motivate and manage staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and provide specialist leadership to more junior staff.
- Persistent pain skills
- Awareness and understanding of the MSK Competency Framework for FCP
- Substantive experience at a senior level in musculoskeletal care setting.
- Substantive post qualification experience
- Involvement in service improvements
- Student supervision & appraisal experience
- Experience of working in an NHS team
- Experience of working within NHS Musculoskeletal pathways
- Knowledge /understanding of confidentiality issues
- Current in depth knowledge of musculoskeletal dysfunction and pain concepts
- Awareness of current professional and health service issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of NHS systems and pathways in relation to both primary care and secondary care management of musculoskeletal
- Knowledge meets level 7 MSK Competency Framework for band 7 FCPs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding and demonstration of the Trust Values
- Principles of use of evidence based practice
- CPD principles Strategic vision for Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Leonards, Nuttall Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.