Are you an enthusiastic and innovative paediatric nurse?
Are you a registered mental health nurse, adult nurse or learning disability nurse with experience working within paediatrics? Would you like a 'Golden Hello' of �1000 to come and join our team?
(terms and conditions apply)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to come and join our friendly, passionate and dedicated paediatric nursing team at East Surry Hospital. We are looking to recruit into and expand our skill mix and service offer within our paediatric services. If you are interested in working with our CQC rated Outstanding service and making a difference to the lives of the children and young people we support, then come and join our team!
We have vacancies across our acute medical ward, child assessment unit and day surgery unit. We are keen to speak with registered nurse professionals (general and paediatric) about their aspirations to develop a career in paediatrics and we are open and welcoming of agile working practices to enhance work life balance.
To support and assist in the delivery of professional nursing care to children, ensuring the highest possible standards of care are received by children and their families / carers while on the unit.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do
- We are in the top 20% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment
- Our staff rate us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked if they would recommend the Trust as a place to work and when asked whether care of patients is the organisation's top priority
- Our workforce are amongst the most motivated in the country we achieved the top acute hospital score in the country for staff engagement in the last national staff survey
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application accurately reflects where you match them. For further information regarding the role please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.