This opportunity for a team lead post primarily involves giving managerial leadership and support to the Alton MSK Physiotherapy Team, as well as upholding an expert MSK clinical workload. The post involves close working and peer support with the MSK Team Leads from Basingstoke and Winchester and requires cross site attendance on occasion.
Due to its part time nature and clinical component, some additional co-management will be supported by the BNH MSK Team Lead. There are also opportunities within this team for FCP work within primary care clinics.Main duties of the job
1. To provide day to day operational and clinical leadership to the MSK Therapy Team in Basingstoke and Alton with the expectation of coordinating closely with both the Basingstoke and Winchester Team Leads.
2. To be responsible to and support MSK Service Manager/s in the achievement of professional, operational and clinical governance objectives.
3. Ensure the highest standards of clinical care are delivered.
4. To support the other Therapy Service Leads in the review and implementation of integration and service improvement projects.
5. To work with other Team Leads in managing rotational staff within Therapy Services.
6. To work closely with MSK Team Leads from other site locations within Therapy Services to enable cross team development, ensure cross site standards and work towards clinical equity where appropriate.
7. To offer clinical expertise in own area and support team as required in clinical decision making and delivery.About us
This post involves working closely with all MSK team members as well as the SMT for Therapies. It will require a flexible approach to working hours when situations require it but on the whole will remain a fixed working pattern.
Due to the direct supervisory and leadership role involved, it is expected that the majority of hours are worked on site alongside the team. Although some flexibility around home working will be considered, this is not expected to be a regular aspect of the working pattern.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Happy to Talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Experiance and KnowledgeEssential
- HCPC registered
- Evidence of CPD related to job description
- Degree level of equivalent qualification
- Experience and evidence of leading and managing a clinical team
- Experience of managing own complex MSK case load
- Evidence of staff supervision
Skills and abilityEssential
- Managerial qualification or training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and understanding of clinical governance and the implications for Therapy services including quality issues and audit
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced IT skills
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Alton Community Hospital
Chawton Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.