An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Management Accountant to join the Financial Management Team at Bury Care Organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual, who is an excellent team player to support the Financial Management function.
As a senior member of the Care Organisation's Finance Department, the post holder will lead a Management Accounting Team and support key stakeholders in the provision of effective budgetary control for the This role will be part of the Senior Finance Team and is an integral part of the delivery of the objectives of both the Care Organisation and the Finance Department.Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will be a fundamental part of the finance senior leadership team, leading the development of the service offer towards a business partnering model - a model recognised by HfMA and FSD as integral to the future of NHS Finance.
The successful individual will have a business facing role which supports and is part of clinical and operational teams, training and developing non-financial colleagues. This will enable the successful post holder to be part of strategic reviews, business cases and driving business forward by being there to challenge decisions from a position of truly understanding the business.
As the Senior Management Accountant, the successful individual will move away from traditional transactional reporting to insightful analysis in support decision-making.
This is a Financial Management role, but the post holder will also ensure value for money by informing systems and processes in areas outside of their direct sphere of responsibility such as capital, charitable funds and income.
It is essential the successful candidate has excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop effective working relations, with both internal and external colleagues, and system partners and stakeholders. Applicants should also have good prioritisation and organisation skills, and be flexible as the workload requires.
The post holder will split the working week between Fairfield Hospital and working from home using MS Teams. About us
Bury Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. Rated as 'outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission, our Fairfield site delivers innovative patient-centred care, and boasts an award winning Stroke centre and Heart Care unit. Supported by our community services in Bury, a mix of professionals from health, social and voluntary sectors, Bury exemplifies the benefits of a joined up approach to health and social care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
In line with the Trust's Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, marital status, social background or trade union membership.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential KnowledgeEssential
- Expert knowledge of the NHS Finance Regime.
- Specialist and practical knowledge of financial and management accounting procedures and financial and other aspects of legislation.
- Substantial experience senior level in a Finance Department.
- Experience of management and financial accountancy in the NHS.
- Experience of working within an Acute Trust Finance Department.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information using developed persuasive, motivational, negotiating, training or re-assurance skills.
- Able to analyse highly complex problems and make judgements regarding allocation of finances or make judgements on financial decisions and financial risk where there is no precedent and where leading opinions conflict.
- Able to cope with demands and ambiguities, whilst still achieving effective outcomes and results within deadlines.
- Able to interrogate and extract information from financial and associated systems using query tools.
- Able to deal with performance, feedback, coaching, training and counselling issues relating to staff.
- Able to plan delivery of management accounting services over the financial year for own area and contribute to medium term financial strategy.
- Able to develop policy and procedures for division which will impact over whole organisation and can implement national policies and practices.
- Able to design and format spreadsheets to ensure improved automation of daily tasks. Must be able demonstrate a proven track record or advanced excel skills.
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Rochdale Old Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.