This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced IT Support Technician with proven technical skills & knowledge to be a part of the multi-skilled second line support Team. This post is based at our Ipswich Hospital site with frequent travel to community sites such as Felixstowe. If you would like to know more about life in ESNEFT ICT, please see this Youtube Video and specifically what its like in the team you'll work in, see a video from Melita, a 2nd line engineer. If you have the vision and commitment to take forward this role and share our commitment to put patients at the heart of everything we do and save both staff and patient time, then we'd love to hear from you. If we receive sufficient applications, this post may close before the stated closing date.Main duties of the job
Work as part of a dynamic team delivering an effective service, ensuring operational needs are met to an approved standard and defined performance criteria within Service Level Agreements, delivering a customer focussed and professional support service.
Multi-skilled Support technician to carry out the installation, repair, maintenance and configuration of all ICT Infrastructure and associated software, raising incidents with and managing third party suppliers for service and support issues on a regular basis.
To provide 2nd line support to the Trust and to other team members adhering to Service Level Agreement timescales and requirements
Using operational tools to monitor key IT infrastructure and taking corrective action on system alerts.
Lead the ongoing development of the IT environment keeping abreast of new technologies and help implement those that will benefit the Trust
Develop an understanding of the Trust's and NHS IT systems sufficiently well to be able to advise users on any problems encountered
Resolve incidents via cooperation with other team members, Trust staff and suppliers where required to rectify system problems and implement preventative measures.
To log all calls and tasks on the Trust's call logging system, update and track call progress through to resolution ensuring that requests and faults are actioned in accordance with service level agreements
Monitoring IT interfaces and responding to issues.About us
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesKey Responsibilities:
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives with the aim of providing information and analytical advice to the teams.
- Communicate information, risks, issues and dependencies, including briefings and reports to Project teams, sponsors and a range of internal and external staff.
- Managing the state of computer rooms ensuring there are clean and tidy and comply with health and safety and IT policies.
- Ensuring IT change management processes are followed
- Producing operational documentation for processes.
- To assist with the recycling of old technology to comply with information governance standards.
- The management and auditing of computer cabinets making sure they are tidy, colour-coded using the correct and cables.
- Monitor security breaches for a standard set of criteria including login attempts, account lockout, and virus attacks.
- Contribute to the department meeting its Service Level Agreements (SLA) for resolving IT issues by delivering a high quality technical support service to the users of production services and interfaces as directed by the IT Infrastructure Manager.
- To be responsible for specified departmental Information Systems, carrying out routine upgrades, maintenance and liaising with third party suppliers.
- To carry out system administration tasks, capacity management and backups on the Trusts servers correctly and in accordance with Change Management procedures
- To ensure that all relevant data is backed up in accordance to the Trust operational requirements. To restore data when necessary and to retain data for a defined period.
- Maintain documentation associated with installation and upgrade work
Please see attached job description for full detailsPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Proven experience within IT support / systems management role
- Experience of supporting a complex multi-vendor environment
- Problem solving / troubleshooting complex technical issues
- NHS IT experience
- A good working knowledge of Information Security ( ISO27002 principles and practices)
- Experience of an ITIL service environment
- Degree level education or equivalent in experience
- MCSE, CCNA, Comptia A+ or similar
- ITIL foundation qualification
- PRINCE 2
- Application vendor qualifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and MS server products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Good knowledge of networking principles to include strong understanding of TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLANs DNS, DHCP, SSL, routing and switching.
- Working knowledge of MS OFFICE product suite
- Intune / MECM Administration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NHS/CFH Applications
- Azure / Office 365 essentials
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
ICT Department, Ipswich Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.