We are seeking to recruit an Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Band 8a) to work within the Emergency Medicine Division at Watford General Hospital. This post supports the nursing and medical teams in the Emergency Department. You will be working as part of the ED team providing leadership, expertise, advice, and support to the nursing and medical team ensuring the provision of high-quality care to patients from the first point of contact to their destination, either admission or discharge. As we operate a 7-day service, the postholder will be required to work a variety of shifts covering a 7-day rota across all areas within the Emergency Division.
Applications will be considered from suitable candidates for Trainee Advanced Clinical Practitioner post (Band 7) who are already on an approved master's pathway or willing to undertake a master's in advanced clinical Practice. To apply for a trainee post, you need to have a first degree in health-related discipline that includes a research focused module along with GCSE/Level 2(or equivalent) Maths and English certificate at Grade C/Level 4 or above (essential requirement for apprenticeship program).Main duties of the job
This exciting opportunity will include early assessment of patients, access to investigations, consultation, independent prescribing, and liaison with medical, nursing, AHP and support teams. The post-holder will be expected to exercise a high degree of personal professional autonomy and integrity to make critical judgments to satisfy the expectations and demands of the role.About us
There has never been a more exciting time to join West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust! Major redevelopment works are due for completion by 2025 or soon after. These will be most dramatic at Watford General Hospital where up to 90% of buildings will be new.
There are also plans for a digital transformation, new models of care and a multi-storey car park. As well as this, the trust - which won the UK Best Employer Award (Nursing Times 2019) - is applying for teaching hospital status in recognition of its wide and well-renowned role in educating doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
We encourage and welcome people with disabilities if you need help please ask.
We reserve the right to close this advert early due to the volume of applicants. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you do not hear back within 3 weeks of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationYour application will be scored against the JD/ Person SpecificationEssential
- Undertake the Trust Corporate and Divisional specific induction and competency programmes appropriate to role
- Review and develop own competencies in expert clinical practice and case management, including mandatory training and professional re-registration requirements and code of conduct
- Critically evaluate research and integrate theory into practice
- Recognise the need for continuing personal and professional development and maximise available learning opportunities to expand skills and knowledge
- Remain up-dated and ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based
- Have a personal development plan and professional portfolio
- Teach and assist others to develop professionally, reaching their full potential and encourage professional accountability in others.
- Actively promote and participate in clinical supervision / mentorship or equivalent support mechanisms.
- Participate in relevant ACP education programmes at local universities and maintain university links.
- Identify own development needs in line with ACP service requirements with personal development plan using reflection and self-awareness.
- Ensure personal, per support and clinical supervision needs are met.
- Act as a resource and provide advice, information, and support to nursing and medical trust staff caring for patients within the Emergency Medicine Division.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Score 0 = does not meet the person specification, 1 = reserved meets some person specification requirements, 2 = Meets all person specification requirements.
West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Watford General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.