The Specialist Treatment and Recovery Service (STaRS) are looking to recruit a Consultant Psychiatrist to join an established Multi-Disciplinary Team.
STaRS is an exciting hybrid recovery service, offering service-users intensive, high quality, person-centred interventions provided in both an inpatient and community setting. The service is based in Hull and serves the whole of Hull and East Yorkshire.Main duties of the job
This hybrid service consists of a mixed 5 bedded inpatient rehabilitation and recovery unit for intensive treatment to support patients recovery journeys and reduce their need for further hospital admissions. We utilise an MDT approach to peoples care with a focus on people and family's involvement., and we adopt a bio psychosocial approach with an emphasis on trauma informed care and formulation of needs. We also have a community service that operates 7 days a week 08:00-20:00.
The post holder will be an integral part of the MDT and have clinical responsibility for reviewing people accessing the service, medication management and where appropriate tribunal reports and tribunalsAbout us
As a Teaching Trust we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and we are a leading Trust in mental health research. We work closely with our teaching partners of Hull York Medical School and Health Education England to offer an excellent training package that has seen us us rated in the Top 5 of the GMC's national training survey 2016.
You will join our team of over 2,700 colleagues that work together to change lives. We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to employee development.
Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire is a great place to live and offers some of the most competitive house prices in the country with access to excellent schools and further and higher education providers. We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing, including:
- Excellent relocation package
- Free on-site parking
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Extra day off on completion of mandatory training and receiving
- flu vaccination
- Wide range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
Find out more about what makes our Trust 'Humbelievable' at join.humber.nhs.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
As a consultant working for the STaRS team, you will have responsibility for the provision of safe and effective care and treatment. You will share the vision of integrated and multi-disciplinary working and actively engage in the development of the service through research and support.
The post holder would be expected to be approved as a Responsible Clinician or be willing to undertake training to obtain Section 12(2) MHA and will be expected to renew this approval according to agreed procedures.
The ability to commute within the Trusts geographical area with access to the appropriate means of transport is essential.
Please read our attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information on our exciting role available.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Additional clinical qualifications or endorsements.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment (the Trust will appoint a section12(2) to provide this role in the sector during the transition)
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
Clinical Skills, Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Academic skills and lifelong learningEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
296 Cottingham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.