Are you a dynamic
Occupational Therapist looking for a band 6 role in an acute medicine area?
Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist looking for an opportunity to utilise and develop your clinical skills & leadership abilities? If so, our static Band 6 Occupational Therapy position may be perfect for you.
All of our specialist Occupational Therapists receive supervision & mentorship from a member of our highly specialist team. They will offer direction in terms of clinical development and leadership development, whilst you continue to learn & utilise the holistic patient centred therapy skills core to the Occupational Therapy profession.
1 part-time job share (0.5 WTE) position is available at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
Informal conversations about the opportunity are welcome.
Applicants without NHS experience need not apply.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work alongside Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Therapy Support workers and nursing staff to achieve patient's rehabilitation and discharge goals within the acute medical setting.
Successful candidates will be expected to work 18.75 hours across a 7 day pattern. This post is based at The Royal Shrewsbury HospitalAbout us
We offer a job plan for all staff including:
- Protected time for Specialist Professional Activities (SPA's)
- Supervision on a 6-8 weekly basis
- Excellent induction period across all clinical areas
- Mentorship with new skills, post induction period
- Training and development in team, across the peer group, across organisations and also external such as annual congress
- Integrated working across Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy
- Opportunities for roles such as staff side representative, health and safety link worker
You are supported by a stable team of experienced staff.
Shropshire is a fantastic area and a great place to enjoy many physical activities such as: biking, running, hiking, and even more for the more adventurous of you.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCEEssential
- As required for entry into University for professional training
- Degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council
- Evidence of specialist clinical training in relevant areas
- Evidence of broad range of pre and post qualication experience
- Evidence of NHS experience in relevant area of clinical Practice
- Evidence of teaching/ student experience
- Experience in audit and research
RegistrationEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of leadership ability
- Organisation, planning, prioritisation and decision making skills
- IT Skills relevant to the role
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Mytton Oak Road
Shrewsbury and Telford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.