An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a flexible and innovative Specialist Physiotherapist to join our Older Adult Community Treatment Teams in Northumberland. Although previous experience is not essential, knowledge of the impact dementia can have on function, and aninterest in working in this clinical area is needed.
The successful candidate will work in a range of settings including the clients' own home and the local community, as well as providing support to clients who reside in residential and nursing care settings.
Service users may present with a combination of physical, cognitive, sensory, psychological, behavioural and social needs therefore a commitment to multi-disciplinary working is essential.
You will be involved in offering and undertaking specialist assessments to develop meaningful and person-centred care plans that can be delivered individually or as part of a wider MDT approach.Main duties of the job
The Physiotherapist is fully integrated in the Teams, managed by the Pathway Managers and will be supported by the Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist, providing ongoing clinical and professional supervision.
There is a requirement to take Physiotherapy students on a regular basis from Northumbria University and contribute to student learning in the clinical area.
There is a robust network of Physiotherapists within the CNTW with strong links between both community services and inpatients.
The post will cover all of NorthumberlandAbout us
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 11th September 2023
Closing date : 25th September 2023
We welcome your applicationPerson SpecificationEducationEssential
- Recognised Physiotherapy degree qualification
- HCPS Registered
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to present information written and orally in a clear and logical manner including patient records
written and verbal examplesEssential
- Experience of communicating with people with communication difficulties e.g. Dementia, language barriers o Ability to communicate effectively with different types of people e.g. patients, patient relatives, Doctors, Nurses, colleagues etc
- Understanding risk assessment and lone working policy
- Physiotherapy Assessment and effective treatment / interventions for OP with Functional and Organic mental health conditions
- Robust knowledge and skills of community working
- proven track record of post registration clinical experience / MSK / Neuro/ Resp / ortho
- experience of supervising non registered staff and students
- highly developed communication skills
- Ability to meet mobility requirement for community working across Northumberland
Employer detailsEmployer name
- innovative and resourceful
- teaching / IT presentation skills
- knowledge of audit research and evaluation of service
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.