The London Ambulance Service is looking to recruit an additional member to its network team.
Experience of Cisco switches and routers is essential ideally the candidate should have a valid CCNP certification, at minimum the candidate should have a valid CCNA and be working towards a CCNP.
Experience and certification in the following would also be beneficial but not essential
Cisco Firepower Firewalls
Solarwinds monitoring using both SNMP and Netflow
Cisco Wireless controllers
The ability to learn new technology and work on your own initiative is essential.Main duties of the job
Responding to issues and requests reported by the ticketing system
Monitoring of the network
Scheduled maintenance such backing up and monitoring devices and performing software upgrades
Collaborating with people external to the team, be they, other teams with in the IT Dept or external organisations both on projects and more complicated faults.
Training junior members of the team and other teamsAbout us
London Ambulance Service serves one of the worlds most dynamic and diverse cities and is the busiest ambulance service in the UK. We handle over 1.9 million emergency calls from across the capital every year as well as delivering a 24 hour NHS 111 Integrated Urgent Care Service in South East and North East London that we estimate will respond to around 1.4million urgent care calls by the end of the year.
We employ over 9,000 people who work or volunteer, across London to respond to the health needs of over 8 million people who live, work and travel in the capital.
We work closely with our NHS partners and are commissioned by 32 clinical commissioning groups spread across 5 STPs and NHS England for our specialist services.
As the only pan-London NHS provider we have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in integrating access to emergency and urgent care right across London.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The network comprises of mainly Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches, 8500 routers and both Cisco Firepower and Fortigate firewalls. The service has two main datacentres, four call centres, seventy ambulance stations and additional buildings such as paramedic training centres and vehicle workshops. The service also has links to other emergency services in London as well as other NHS trusts and 111 providers throughout the country. The service operates twenty four hours a day seven days a week so team members are on call on a one week in three basis. Much of the work will be able to be performed from home, however regular attendance on site is also required. In addition to maintenance of the system there is a degree of project work such as replacing of legacy hardware and migration to new network providers.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in specialist IT related subject with additional specialist training and knowledge
- Professional IT qualifications i.e., Cisco CCNA, CCNP or equivalent or significant experience working as a network engineer at this level
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation level qualified
- Extensive experience of Cisco hardware installation and troubleshooting knowledge, particularly covering Cisco switches, routers, wireless controllers through to Cisco VOIP and ISE products
- Call centre exposure in a highly intensive working area, Firewall experience and knowledge of Firepower and Fortinet hardware and software
- Extensive IT support experience in a complex and critical Voice and Data environment providing advanced specialist technical support over multiple sites to 1000+ customers/users on IPT, LAN/WAN, PABX, Radio (ICCS) switch systems and radio systems.
- Extensive experience of working in highly secure, controlled data centres, deploying and managing Nexus Data Centre switches
- A thorough understanding of wireless technologies with experience in the administration of wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points
- Experience in developing and delivering technical training courses and user guides to large groups of staff
- Extensive experience of managing and achieving Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience of managing budgets in excess of �100k
- Experience of writing policies and procedures aligned with ITIL
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An in-depth knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Operating systems including Windows, MS Teams
- Extensive specialist troubleshooting Voice and Data hardware and software faults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate successfully with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to analyse and translate highly complex specialist IT issues and to communicate with customers in respect of problem identification and resolution
- Ability to maintain and administer systems critical to the provision of services to the LAS and the public in an end user environment
- Ability to interpret numerical data and make logical deductions
- Extensive use of information systems and preparation of statistical reports and management information
London Ambulance Service NHS TrustAddress
London Ambulance HQ
220 Waterloo Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.