An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Clinical Psychologist to join the Memory and Later Life Psychology Service in North Cumbria. The service provides specialist psychological assessment and intervention for older people with cognitive impairment and or/ associated age-related mental health difficulties.
The post holder will undertake highly specialist psychological assessment, including neuropsychological assessment to aid the diagnosis of dementia, and evidence-based therapy for associated mental health difficulties. They will will have specialist knowledge and skills for working with this client group.
The post holder will be joining a supportive older adult psychology team consisting of Clinical Psychologists, a CBT Therapist, Mental Health Well-being Practitioners and Assistant and Trainee Clinical Psychologists. The service has good links with both the Newcastle and Lancaster doctorate programmes.
The post holder will also provide supervision and consultation to colleagues in the service, in addition to clinical psychology trainees and assistants. For further information please contact Dr Paula Maisey, Consultant Clinical Psychologist (email@example.com) or Lucy Mitchell, Clinical Nurse Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org)Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with specialist psychological expertise to:
- Undertake neuropsychological assessments to aid the diagnosis of dementia.
- Complete complex assessments for therapy for older people with mental health difficulties and providing psychological formulation.
- Deliver evidence based psychological interventions for individuals with complex mental health difficulties and/or cognitive impairment.
- Deliver teaching and training and upskilling the wider workforce.
- Provide psychological advice and consultation to the wider MDT.
- Provide clinical supervision of others which may include assistant psychologists, trainee psychologists, and the wider workforce.
- Undertake service audits and evaluations.
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career. The current role is based in Carlisle at the Carleton Clinic. As we are a community service you will be required to travel to different locations across North Cumbria utilising your own transportation. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful candidate will work within the Memory and Later Life Service in North Cumbria under the supervision of the Principal and Consultant Clinical Psychologists.
The post-holder will work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the service's policies and procedures.
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 11th September 2023
Closing date : 6th November 2023
We welcome your application.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Doctoral level training in applied psychology
- HCPC registration
- Undergraduate qualification 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Additional training /qualification in neuropsychology
- Additional qualification in an evidence based therapeutic model
- Additional training in clinical supervision
- Knowledge and experience of relevant theory and practice
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Worked in a qualified capacity with older people
Skills & CompetenciesEssential
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
- Demonstrating additional professional development (e.g. additional training)
- Experience of undertaking neuropsychological assessments in a qualified capacity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communiciate effectively
- Skills in managing emotional impact of dealing with highly emotive and distressing situations through self reflection and use of the clinical supervision process.
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.