Assistant Practice Education Practitioner for IR Nurses - Band 5 - Fixed Term 12 months - 37.5 hours.
Under guidance, the post holder will be required to support the internationally recruited nurses. They will work in partnership with the wider Nursing & Midwifery Workforce Development Team to ensure the provision of high quality multi-professional learning environments within T& G Integrated Care NHS FT and will be required to work locally within services where inter-professional learning opportunities can be promote
The candidate will be supported to develop excellent working relationships and effective communication with leaders across the Trust and partner organisations to develop the workforce of the future.Main duties of the job
- The post holder will work with colleagues to assist in providing pastoral support and educational development to members of staff
- Under guidance, the post holder will support and facilitate staff in clinical areas to identify opportunities for maintaining and improving standards of patient care
- The post holder will assist the Practice Education Practitioner in liaising with the Heads of Nursing and matrons to promote a quality service using research and evidence based practice including the setting, monitoring and auditing of clinical standards
- Support education and training to multidisciplinary team staff and assist in the delivery of training programmes for nurses to expand their skills
- To work with the Practice Education Facilitator team, clinical educators and preceptorship team in supporting the development of skills based training for nurses working within the inpatient areas of the Hospital.
- To support the delivery of the bespoke Trust preceptorship programme for internationally recruited nurses as agreed
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust serves a community of 250,000 people across Tameside & Glossop. We provide a range of services both within the hospital and across our community for both adults and children.Our vision is to improve health outcomes for our population and influence wider determinants of health through collaboration with our health & care partners. We have a clear set of values & behaviours which we expect all of our staff to demonstrate:
We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population.
We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian & minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+& Disabled people.
Benefits include flexible working, 27-33 days annual leave plus bank holidays, sick pay, NHS Pension Scheme, free eye tests and health checks, gym discount, free bicycle loan scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, support with stress, bereavement, relationships, finance, and much more.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKey requirements include:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Learning and Development
- Assist to plan and coordinate the internationally recruited nurses base of work matching skills, experience and competence to the vacant posts
- Provide pastoral and professional support to the nurses under guidance from the wider Nursing & Midwifery workforce Development Team
- Assist to plan, co-ordinate and present clinical skills training sessions in partnership with the Nursing & Midwifery Workforce Development Team and Education Team, support the assessment of a range of practice learning environments, determining interventions to sustain and enhance practice education ensuring all service areas/ placement providers have an up to date action plan in place.
- In partnership with the Nursing & Midwifery Workforce Development Team, support and facilitate the development of clinical practice assessors/ practice supervisors/preceptors, providing supervision and support structures in order to build education in practice capability, consistency and efficiency
- Support inductions, clinical skills teaching and inter-professional learning opportunities for the nurses working in partnership with Nursing & Midwifery Workforce Development Team, support the development of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Support the planning and delivery of study skills / academic support for the nurses through planned structured sessions and also via drop in / support sessions.
- Support the monitoring of the progress of each nurse
- Support the development, implementation and review of education in practice learning environments in line with educational policy.
- Working closely with the Preceptorship Practitioner, assist the planning and delivery study skills / academic support for preceptees through planned structured sessions and also via drop in / support sessions
Personal and People Development
- With support, develop the knowledge and skills to act as a resource/ Champion of the internationally recruited nurses within and external to the organisation
- Communicate as required, educational and practice.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in conjunction with organisational policies.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across organisational development and learning, supporting service delivery
- Contribute to maintaining and improving own professional knowledge and competence, and that of practice assessors/ practice supervisors in practice.
- Participate in an annual collaborative appraisal process to enable achievement of objectives and management of learning needs.
- Manage own workload independently and prioritising as required.
- Participate in clinical supervision/ professional mentoring.
- Maintain own professional competence in line with professional body requirements.
- Post qualifying clinical experience
- Experience of teaching, supervising and assessing healthcare learners in the practice setting.
- Evidence of achievements and career development and of ongoing professional development current post and of ongoing professional development/ competence
- Experience of working on own and in a team in a health care environment delegating to others within a team / providing supervision to others
Skills, Knowlege & AbilitesEssential
- Holds a mentor / clinical educator or equivalent qualification in line with the requirement of your profession
- Practical experience of contributing to change/ quality improvement
- Experience of developing and implementing new systems and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to engage and build effective relationships at all levels
- Willingness to develop the skills to present to large groups of people
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic understanding of a range of regulatory body requirements
- Microsoft office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to teach and facilitate in a variety of settings with different groups of staff
- Able to assist to plan, implement and evaluate education programmes
- Knowledge of different methods/ styles for teaching and learning
Special Aptitudes/ AbilitiesEssential
- Registered Nurse
- 1st Level Degree / or be working towards
- Up to date professional registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work without supervision and use own initiative where appropriate
- Ability to work flexibly to ensure the needs of the service are met and manage competing priorities
- Consistently high attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with people from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds
- Willingness to develop skills to be adaptable to meet differing learning styles/ preferences
- Willingness to work across organisational boundaries
- Ability to supervise staff where appropriate
Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Tameside & Glossop Integrated Care NHS FT
Ashton Under Lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.