We are seeking an enthusiastic senior midwife. We look for a Midwife who will live our values of compassion, dignity and respect, one team and the promotion of safe high quality care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Suite / Intrapartum care Co-ordinator to join our existing team of senior midwives. As a Co-ordinator you will be responsible for the day to day co-ordination of the activity on the Delivery Suite and the flow across the maternity unit.
- To manage the shift (covering 24hrs a day) and have clinical responsibility for the area.
- To provide clinical midwifery care to women within the Maternity Services.
- To provide expert leadership advice to the maternity team.
In return you will be offered a bespoke professional development package to include leadership and advanced midwifery practice CPD opportunities.
Applications are invited for the above post, to work within our progressive and innovative department. You act as an excellent role model and leader to all staff and to provide a combination of strong clinical leadership and expert midwifery practice.
Successful applicants will be expected to maintain a record of excellent attendance and have the ability to work flexible shift patterns to include nights and weekends.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
For further information, regarding the role please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application clearly reflects where you match them including any examples you would like to highlight.Person SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.