The post holder will provide system wide leadership to the development of Advanced Practice (AP) opportunities across Cornwall and Isles of Scilly (CIOS) Integrated Care System (ICS). We are looking for someone with expert knowledge of Advance Practice and experience of working across a system. As AP lead you will be responsible for promoting the roles of advanced practitioners as part of workforce transformation solutions that support service changes across the CIOS system. You will be required to work closely with those planning and implementing service transformation. To develop their understanding of the scope, contribution, and impact of AP roles in the ICS.Main duties of the job
These roles focus on advancing practice in acute services and in community and primary care. You will be required to working in conjunction with the equivalent post holder for mental health and learning disabilities and autism. You will collectively promote and support the development and expansion of advancing practice across the CIOS integrated care system. This includes ensuring provision of high-quality learning environments and supervision for trainees, and implementing and monitoring the good governance of advanced practice.
You will be required to gain an accurate understanding of the multi-professional advanced practice workforce in the local system to be able to integrate workforce modelling identify demand for advanced practice and connect the workforce transformation for future role development, training and implementation.
You will be required to work in conjunction with the South West Faculty of Advance Practice and the NHSE Centre for Advancing Practice.About us
Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is the biggest provider of healthcare services in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our three main sites are Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, St Michael's Hospital Hayle and West Cornwall Hospital Penzance, our staff and services are available across the region.
The Trust employs 5,000+ staff, has a budget of �380 million and 750 beds. We work with health and social care organisations -including NHS Kernow and NHS England- to ensure local healthcare needs are met. We provide acute medical, surgical and specialist services to around 500,000- which can increase significantly during busy holiday periods.
The Trust has teaching hospitals status as part of the University of Exeter Medical School. Keeping at the forefront of medical advances, we continually develop clinical services and are committed to maximising the range of specialist care offered locally.
We can offer you a rewarding career in a supportive working environment. We have extensive educational links to help you realise your full potential and develop skills to provide outstanding healthcare to the local community.
Enjoy an outstanding quality of life in a place that offers surfing beaches and fishing harbours to beautiful countryside and historic towns. With clean air, plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and excellent schools, colleges and universities (including adult education) it is the ideal place for families and for you to develop your own career.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will provide system wide leadership to the development of Advanced and Advancing Practice (AP) opportunities across Cornwall and Isles of Scilly (CIOS) Integrated Care System (ICS). They will support organisations and partners in developing, a multi-professional ICS advanced practice strategy for CIOS. Working in collaboration with Advanced Practice leads, system partners and NHSE Workforce Training & Education South West the post holder will be required to gain an accurate understanding of the multi-professional advanced practice workforce and opportunities that are available to those working in AP roles, or who are upskilling through AP in the local system. In addition to this the post holder will be required to identify a clear vision of how these roles can be developed further across the system to ensure that they are in line with specific clinical pathways and wider system agendas with the aim to maximise the AP role influencing workforce modelling, and future demand, development and training opportunities.
The post holder will:
- Develop a network to inform a system level understanding of the current AP workforce and opportunities to expand/innovate the AP workforce in Cornwall & IOS. This will build upon existing scoping and development of AP at organisational level.
- Support and further develop the CIOS Advancing Practice Community of Practice
- Through collaboration explore opportunities to develop a system level AP strategy and shared documentation providing consistency in standards of job planning, supervision, ongoing development, job titles and banding structures.
- Ensure that appropriate frameworks for guidance, clinical governance, competency assessment and continuing education are in place across the ICS for both the development of trainee and qualified ACPs.
- Work in collaboration with key partners (clinical experts, provider organisations, Primary Care Training Hub, AP Leads, professional, education and workforce leads) to inform the ICS level AP demand, education capacity and potential investment required to establish ICS advanced practice workforce priorities.
- Work closely with those planning and implementing service transformation to developing their understanding of the scope, contribution, and impact of AP roles in the ICS.
- Act as a key point of contact with NHSE WT& E SW Region Faculty of Advancing Practice.
The post holder will need an in-depth knowledge of the advanced practice agenda and understand and have the skills to expertly lead and drive the development of advanced practice across the system. This post is funded by the NHSE WT& E SW Faulty of Advancing Practice and the post holder will be expected to establish a high functioning relationship with the faculty and their associated regional & national networks.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters In Advancing Practice
- Professional Registration NMC/HCPC or equivalent
- project management or quality improvement qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of professional development
- teaching qualification or equivalent experience
- leadership qualification or experience
- Evidence of Advanced or Consultant level practice or strategic involvement in AP
- Evidence of senior leadership across organisations and system wide working
- Evidence of practice across the 4 pillars leadership
- Experience/understanding of AP in Cornwall
- experience of systemwide working
- Experience of working effectively across organisational professional boundaries in complex organisations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- sound understanding of AP and direction of travel
Royal Cornwall Hospitals TrustAddress
to be agree with post holder
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.