Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist in Community Palliative care - Based at St Luke's Hospice, Harrow.
Would you like to empower and support people with advanced and progressive illnesses to maximise their individual quality of life and death?
If so this could be the post you are looking for.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to join our community palliative care team. You should have a degree or be
working towards one, and have experience of working in palliative care, oncology or managing patients with long term conditions at end of life.
Community experience is also desirable but not essential.Main duties of the job
The role requires the CNS to provide specialist palliative care to patients with complex problems, act as a specialist resource to generic health and
social care professionals and deliver education and training to develop their palliative care practice.
The role will require an ability to work both independently and as part of the multidisciplinary team, and communicate effectively with a wide range of healthcare professionals.
We offer a supportive learning environment, clinical supervision, access to training and mentorship and encouragement and support withcontinued professional development.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to Job description and personal Specification for outline of skills, knowledge and experience required. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- You will be working with Specialist Palliative Care services in Harrow and NWL, particularly at St Lukes Hospice, acute based Palliative Care and Macmillan services, General practitioners, adult community service providers including other specialist teams and district nursing, social services.
- The CNS in Palliative Care works as a member of Harrow Community services within Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust. The team is comprised of a nurse team leader, 6.3 WTE clinical nurse specialists, (one in a development role) one full time specialist palliative care occupational therapist, 3 part time consultants in Palliative Medicine and 1.2 WTE team administrators.
- Registered Nurse with current UK NMC registration
- First level degree in related subject or evidence of work towards this
- Teaching and assessing qualification or experience.
- Advanced Communication Skills Course
- Level 2 psychology training.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Non-Medical Prescriber V300
- Qualified MSc
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Alexandra Ave Health and Social Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.