Ward 11 - Staff Nurse HDU + for Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
We have new, exciting innovative opportunities for Paediatric or Adult Registered Nurses to work upon our Neonatal and Infant, Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Ward providing focussed High Dependency Care to Level 2 HDU Patients, as part of our growing BWC HDU+ Service. This new innovation is to improve the quality of care provided High Dependency care to Level 2 patients, to support the service's expansion and growth.
We have recently employed a Cardiac Education Sister who would support you with induction, orientation and ongoing professional development to help you to flourish and develop in your role and you would also be working closely with the BWC HDU+ Service. You would part of our highly specialised team and the wider BWC HDU+ team if you were to be successfully appointed to the role. Why not come and be part of this fantastic new opportunity, providing focussed highly specialised nursing care our Neonatal and Infant Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery patients.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is based in the City Centre, which has excellent transport links to all parts of the UK.
Anita Patel (Ward Sister - Ward 11)
firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the jobCLINICAL:
- Plan, implement and evaluate care in relation to the needs of children requiring Level 2 PCCMDS HDU+ care, and their families
- Work effectively as part of the multi-professional team
- Ensure nursing policies and procedures are followed at all times, taking corrective action when necessary and adhering to reporting and escalating mechanisms to ensure concerns are raised promptly and appropriately
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and skills of the relevant specialty, and achieve specialty specific competencies as directed by the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse
- Following an agreed period of preceptorship and development, take charge of the ward/department in the absence of senior staff
- Assist in ensuring a safe and effective ward/clinical environment by actively participating in clinical audit and quality initiatives
- Contribute to the effective use of equipment and resources
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK. Our Trust was formed in February 2017 to drive forward our commitment to provide the highest quality, world-class physical and mental health care for our women, children and families. Uniting our hospitals means more seamless care more investment to make greater advances in our specialist treatment and world-leading neo-natal and fetal work. Importantly, it also gives us a greater voice in shaping the future of family-centred care.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas.
Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care.
Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. Alongside partners FTB offers care pathways of mental health assessment and treatment for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification to view the full details for this opportunity at Birmingham Womens and Childrens NHS Foundation Trust.
When completing your application, please ensure you have evidenced how you meet the job description and person specification to include transferable experience, qualifications, skills along with professional registration details (if applicable).
Occasionally we receive a large number of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of High Dependency Nursing with Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Patients
- Full understanding of Family Centred Care
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Understanding of professional and current issues in children's nursing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Able to think quickly in a rapidly changing acute environment
- Able to plan and prioritise daily workload to ensure high quality and safe care for children and young people
- Basic computer skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate effectively in challenging situations
- RN Adult / Child
- Eligible to apply for NMC registration
- High Dependency or Critical Care Nursing Qualification (HDU Course or PICU Foundation Course)
- 2 years experience in cardiology
Employer detailsEmployer name
- BSc degree (child) or equivalent experience
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Birmingham Children's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.