We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic ODPs/Theatre Nurses or Nurses looking for a career change, who enjoy the challenge of working with a supportive team in a busy environment. This is a brilliant chance to join our friendly team in providing a first class service to our patients.Main duties of the job
- Existing anaesthetic or scrub skills preferred but willing to train and upskill the candidate who can demonstrate a drive and determination to work in this specialised and single patient focused environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills
- Reliable and conscientious
- To work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team covering a 24/7 service
- To assess, plan, implement, evaluate and provide high quality patient care
We are one of the largest Trusts in the country, with a turnover of �420 million. We employ more than 8,000 staff, and provide specialist, personalised care.
Gloucester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has over 30 operating theatres across 3 sites. We have a range of specialities including General Surgery, Trauma, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Urology, Vascular, Emergency Surgery, Head & Neck, Obstetrics and Paediatrics.Within the theatre environment has 2 emergency theatres and 2 obstetric theatres. Our service runs 24/7, 365 days a year.
The trust has an excellent opportunity for appointing theatres practitioners to our team, that are passionate about delivering the highest of standards of care.
We have a dynamic and versatile team that provide the best care for everyone. With support from management, professional development team and the team, the future is looking very positive and being part of this team at this exciting and energetic time will be an excellent opportunity.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To assess, plan, implement, evaluate and provide high quality nursing care.
- To work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate effectively with patients, carers, relatives and all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Maintain and develop high standards of care
- To manage caseload of patients within defined clinical area.
- Take on responsibility for personal development and support the development and supervision of others by developing and maintaining specialist knowledge pertaining to theatres.
- Contribute towards the continuing development of professional practice in the clinical area
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and be a role model to less experienced/ non registered and new staff at all times
- Work proactively to ensure that every patient attendance meets the patients expectations and needs with timely undertaking of procedure and effective communication with relatives, patients and carers.
- To supervise and teach junior members of staff and learners as required, and maintain own personal development with support.
- Active registration with NMC/HCPC
- UK recognised qualification in Operating Department Practice / Adult Nursing
- Evidence of ongoing professional development through maintenance of professional portfolio and registration revalidation
- Experience (through placement or employment) of working in an acute clinical environment
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Previous experience in a relevant speciality
- Have good communication skills both written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain and contribute to the development of standards of practice, conduct or decision making in conjunction with team
- Demonstrates ability to use clinical reasoning skills and techniques to assess and plan care: deliver, evaluate and amend the treatment plan.
- Able to supervise non-registered and less experienced staff to ensure effective service and care delivery.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have good knowledge of TRAK computer system or similar hospital computer system.
- Able to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies/protocols/guidelines relevant to area of practice.
- Demonstrates ability to keep up to date with professional issues that influence professional practice relating to area of clinical practice, management, education and research.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
GRH / CGH
Gloucester / Cheltenham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.