The post holder is an experienced pharmacist, who acts within their professional boundaries, to develop, manage and mentor a team of pharmacists.
Are you an experienced pharmacist seeking new challenges? If so, then this is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your existing skills.
We are looking for a keen and committed pharmacist with excellent communication skills and clinical pharmacy knowledge to join our expanding multi-disciplinary general practice teams as Specialist Clinical Pharmacist. This post will be an exciting challenge for someone who is highly motivated and keen to develop their clinical and professional skills.
We would prefer an independent prescribing pharmacist or a pharmacist working towards becoming an independent pharmacist prescriber. If you are not already an independent pharmacist prescriber, you will be supported to gain this qualification.
The ability to work flexibly and be able to travel across Hull and East Riding would be an advantage.
We provide various training opportunities to help you progress in your career and we are willing to consider and offer relocation package to the successful candidate.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient-facing role and will
- take responsibility for areas of chronic disease management within the practice such as heart failure and cardio-metabolic clinics
- undertake structured medication review within practice, care and residential homes
- provide primary support to GP staff with regards to prescription and medication queries.
- provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement and manage some aspects of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services.
- ensure that the practice integrates with community and hospital pharmacy to help utilise skill mix, improve patient outcomes, ensure better access to healthcare and help manage workload.
We are anaward winning and CQC rated good, health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale & Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of patients and service users.
To find out about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You'll join our team of over 3600 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives daily. We're extremely proud of our Trust community, knowing you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We are committed to staff development to ensure the delivery of high quality, person-centred and compassionate care to patients. We value our staff and invest in them, ensuring they have the right skills and competencies to deliver outstanding care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationProfessional RegistrationEssential
- Mandatory registration with General Pharmaceutical Council
Qualifications / Equivalent ExperienceEssential
- Membership of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- A member of or working towards Faculty membership of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Master's degree in pharmacy (MPharm) or equivalent.
- Higher degree or post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or pharmacy practice within a relevant speciality (Clinical diploma) or equivalent experience.
- Non-Medical Prescribing Qualification - Independent prescriber or working towards this
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information in an understandable form to a variety of audiences(e.g. patients
- Is able to plan, manage, monitor, advise and review general medicine optimisation issues in core areas for long term conditions.
- Recognises priorities when problem solving and identifies deviations from the normal pattern and is able to refer to seniors or GPs when appropriate
- Good IT skills and is able to obtain and analyse complex technical information and to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Gain acceptance for recommendations and influence/ motivate/ persuade the audience to comply with the recommendations/ agreed course of action where there may be significant barriers
- Understanding of primary and secondary care working and the interface between them. Also understanding the issues facing the NHS
- Work effectively independently and as a team member and demonstrates accountability for delivering professional expertise and direct service provision
- Able to evaluate clinical papers critically
- Minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience.
- In depth therapeutic and clinical knowledge and understanding of the principles of evidence--based healthcare
- Ability to demonstrate record of achieving results against set targets and experience of service development in an NHS organisation
- Staff development and change management
- Managing quality and cost effectiveness initiatives
- Minimum of 1 years' prescribing experience.
- Experience as Clinical Pharmacist in secondary care or in GP practice
- Project planning
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Self-motivated & Shows Initiative
- Self-confident, Adaptable and Team worker
- Ability to commute within HTFT premises
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Humber Primary Care, Manor House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.