**We offer a relocation package of up to �8,000** please see T& C's for further information
The Senior Family and Systemic Psychotherapist will be a key member ofthe Specialist Perinatal Service (SPS) which provides care across theCheshire and Wirral Partnership footprint. Their role will be to providehighly specialist systemic assessment, formulation and intervention withina multi-disciplinary team to women experiencing mental health difficultieswhilst pregnant and up to 2 years post-delivery, and the network aroundthem.
The Senior Family and Systemic Psychotherapist will be a key member of the Specialist Perinatal Service (SPS) which provides care across the Cheshire and Wirral Partnership footprint. Their role will be to provide highly specialist systemic assessment, formulation and intervention within a multi-disciplinary team to women experiencing mental health difficulties whilst pregnant and up to 2 years post-delivery, and the network around them. They will also provide consultation support to the new Mother and Baby Unit that is due to open in Chester in 2024.
The Perinatal Team covers Wirral, East and West Cheshire. The main hub base is in Ellesmere Port with a satellite base in Macclesfield. This post is to caseload hold in Cheshire East with an element of consultation support for the new MBU in Chester which is due to open in Autumn 2024. Ability and willingness to travel across the footprint is necessary for this role.Main duties of the job
Provide highly specialist systemic assessment, formulation and intervention within a multi-disciplinary team to women experiencing mental health difficulties in the perinatal period, and the network around them.
Provide consultation support to the new Mother and Baby Unit that is due to open in Chester in 2024.
To provide systemic supervision and training to staff in the perinatal service and other professionals where appropriate.
Please see Job Description for full overview of duties of the role.About us
CWP provides health and care services for local people, including mental health, learning disability, community physical health and all-age disability care - including the provision of three GP surgeries.
Our aim is to help people to be the best they can be, adopting a compassionate, person-centred approach to everything we do. We were recently rated as Outstanding for Caring by the Care Quality Commission with a Good rating overall.
We offer a variety of roles at all levels, so whether you are just starting out in your career or looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, CWP is the right employer for you.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences.
CWP is proud to be an accredited Veteran Aware organisation helping to provide and share best practice in NHS care for our armed forces community. As a veteran aware organisation, CWP is committed to delivering on the principles of the Armed Force Covenant and has a 'Bronze' award with the MOD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (DERS).
The trust offers a Guaranteed Interview Scheme to any armed forces community applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post and encourages applications from armed forces reservists or cadet force adult volunteers. We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for full details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking a Values Based Interview/Assessment ,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for our Armed Forces community. Please answer YES to the question in the application form.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment.You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
CWP encourages and supports all staff to become vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To have a recognised qualification to a Masters level of knowledge
- UKCP registered
Knowledge, Expertise and experience.Essential
- To have a core professional qualification in the field of mental health e.g., RMN, clinical psychologist, mental health social worker, OT and be currently registered with the appropriate professional body.
- Pre-qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of therapeutic interventions.
- At least 2 years experience of specialist systemic psychotherapeutic assessment, formulation and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in patient settings
- At least 2 years experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Expertise in the use of complex methods of systemic psychotherapeutic assessment, formulation, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration
- Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by AFT or UKCP.
- Training in clinical supervision
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to client group and mental health.
- o Knowledge of IT systems including word processing, email and local electronic patient information systems
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision
- Experience of the application of systemic psychotherapy in different cultural contexts
- Experience of working in a perinatal and / or parent-infant team
- Training in systemic supervision
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in the perinatal period, particularly family interventions as evidenced by NICE
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Continuous Improvement
- High professional standards
- Responsive to service users
- Engaging leadership style
- Strong customer service belief
- Transparency and honesty
- Change oriented
Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.