We currently have fantastic opportunities to recruit passionate, dedicated and highly motivated mental health and learning disability nurses that are excited to be part of the Rehabilitation services in Worcester. You will work alongside a team of professionals to develop therapeutic rapports with all service users enabling them to develop a range of skills supporting their recovery.
You will act as a positive role model for staff and service users in a manner that positively reflects the core values of the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse committed to delivering care of an exceptional standard and having the opportunity to develop their knowledge and expertise within the inpatient services.
Keith Winter house is a Rehabilitation Ward situated in Worcester and provides a service across Worcestershire. It is a vital service for supporting those with mental health difficulties of varying complexities. The ward is supported by an established Medical team who will continue to support the wider MDT.Main duties of the job
- Delivering a high quality clinical service to patients and their families.
- Acting as named nurse to a group of patients under the direction / supervision of the person identified with continuing responsibility.
- Participating in therapeutic group work programmes.
- Taking charge of the ward in the absence of the ward manager and deputy ward manager.
- You will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and contributing to the formulation of the person's needs and the development of a relevant plan based upon the person's negotiated goals and relevant evidence based interventions.
- You will, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, provide nursing interventions to support the person to meet their agreed goals and coordinate and/ or participate in the review of progress towards those goals, utilising recommended outcome measures, involving the service user and any identified carer throughout the clinical
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As a service, we provide 24-hour rehabilitation facilities for working age adults with severe and enduring mental health problems and we are looking for caring, compassionate individuals to work within our service who are committed to providing high quality care and treatment to our patients. Working in a rehabilitation environment is exceptionally rewarding and with the right team, positive attitude and resilience, we will continue to rise to the challenges and reaping the reward of being able to support people during their most difficult times.
With you in our team, we will empower you to work innovatively, showing a commitment to providing compassionate care and a strong desire to improve the patients experience. You will be able to apply the philosophies of engagement, recovery and positive care in your work with your patients.
Your career with us will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
It's a career that you can take pride in and enjoy, and together we can make life better for our communities.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RN Mental Health, RN (Adult) or RNLD
- Registered on the NMC register
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
- Attended control and restraint course within the last 12 months
- CPR course
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Where the post holder is on or above the 2nd KSF gateway they will support the Clinical Coordinator role, as described as exceptional circumstances in the job description
- Promoting peoples equality, diversity and rights
- Ensuring actions contribute to quality
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of the ageing process and related mental and physical health problems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Able to maintain clear and legible documentation
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Keith Winter House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.