The post holder is responsible for the delivery of clinical care to a defined population. Supported by senior practitioners, they will deliver care within the boundaries of their role. They will work effectively andcollaboratively within the team to meet the needs of patients, support the delivery of policy and procedures, and provide clinical leadership.Ensure the delivery of the quality strategy within the designated area incorporating establishment of systems and processesMain duties of the job
The post holder will provide care to patients who have recently been discharged from hospital and require additional support. They will work with other members of the team to ensure effective, safe and evidence based care is delivered to assist timely hospital discharge and prevent re-admission.
The post holder will assess the individuals progress and report back to senior clinicians as required. They will provide support and advice to patients acting as the individuals advocate.
The post holder will maintain accurate, clear records and reports and take part in regular supervision.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
. Assess, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programmes to promote and prevent adverse effects on health and well-being.2. Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients.3. Identify, and manage as appropriate treatment plans for patients at risk.4. Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations.5. Provide information and advice on prescribed or over the counter medication.6. Recognise, assess, and refer patients presenting with physical or mental health needs.7. Promote and deliver evidenced based care.8. Assist senior practitioners as required.9. Utilise and demonstrate sensitive communication styles, to ensure patients are fully informed and consent to treatment.10. Communicate effectively with patients and carers, recognising the need for alternative methods of communication to overcome different levels of understanding, cultural backgrounds and preferred ways of communicating.11. Act as an advocate when representing patients and colleagues viewpoints to others.12. Recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct as regulated by the relevant professional body.13. Produce accurate, contemporaneous, and complete records of patient consultation, consistent with legislation, policies, and procedures.14. Prioritise, organise, and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes quality.15. Deliver care according to national and local guidelines, working in partnership with other clinical teams/departments
16. Assess effectiveness of care delivery through self and peer review, benchmarking, and formalevaluation.17. Participate in the maintenance of quality governance systems and processes across theorganisation and its activities.18. Utilise the audit cycle as a means of evaluating quality implementing improvements whererequired.19. Evaluate the patients response to health care provision and the effectiveness of care.20. Support and participate in shared learning across the wider organisation.21. Utilising a structured framework (e.g.,root cause analysis) participate in the management, review,and identify learning from patient complaints, clinical incidents and near miss events.22. Participate in the performance monitoring review of the team, providing feedback as appropriate.23. Act as a positive role model takes responsibility for own development, learning and performanceincluding participating in clinical supervision.24. Actively promote the workplace as a learning environment encouraging everyone to reach theirpotential, learn from each other and from external good practice.25. Understand own responsibilities and accountability in the delivery of care to patients, ensuringthat the needs of the patient are the priority.26. Participate in planning and implementing changes within the area of care and responsibility.27. Work with other professionals to ensure sufficient staff of appropriate ability, quality and skill mixis available to meet the needs of patients.28. Contribute and participate in the development of local guidelines, protocols and Standards.29. Critically evaluate and review innovations and developments that are relevant to own practice.30. Keep up to date with new developments locally and nationally identifying those that will enhancethe teams work.31. Undertake mandatory and statutory training.32. Act as an assessor to students assessing competency against set standards as requested ifappropriately qualified.33. Accept and delegate tasks appropriately.34. The post holder shall as necessary provide cover for and undertake duties of absent colleaguesPerson SpecificationMeets all essential criteriaEssential
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant area
- Registration with appropriate body
- Post registration qualification or appropriate experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- experience of working within the community
- Understanding of multiagency working
- IT literate
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a divers caseload
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
5 Curzon Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.